cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

krt_bong
Journeyman III

Black screen - Sapphire R7 370 4 Gb on Win 7 Ultimate

This issue showed up 2 days ago while playing GTA V  The screen went black and I could only get it to function in Safe Mode.

Things I have tried: Wiped it with DDU  and tried several different Drivers going back 3 years (it will only work with the Minimal 18.5 or Generic windows Drivers)

this card actually went to RMA about 6-8 mos. ago when it burned out the slot in my previous MB, I am now running a new Gigabyte 970 A DS3P

I have an old 5830 which I tried but it wont do anything but go to a High Fan setting and even with no Drivers it is still Black (could be that it is incompatible with the new board or was damaged when I was trying it in the old one after it burned out).
I have gone through the forums of several tech sites where there have been many suggestions and tried most of them except for putting the card in another PC or Baking it and I don't know how to do that so I wont. Obviously I can't run any games without Drivers so my question is;
Is it dead?

0 Likes
1 Reply
krt_bong
Journeyman III

Found a working HD 6870 I had stored away and loaded Drivers for it via the auto detect and it works fine and Windows detects it correctly, so that means it's not the MB or the OS. Sadly, this means for me and anyone else who is experiencing the black screen the affected cards are dead, sigh

0 Likes