Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eddydalas
Journeyman III

Black Screen Rx Vega and Widnows 10 21h1 Issue

Hello!

I have few weeks that i installed latest AMD drivers 21.6.1 and i installed some windows updates as well..

My Vega 64 stops functioning the load led are all off but the logo led is on. The pc tries to restart and the motherboard stuck on orange/yellow led.

Even resetting the pc will do not make the Vega 64 function. but the pc will boot normally.(Of course with black screen but i can hear the windows sound)

In order for the card to work again i have to hold power button and close the pc and then power on it again.

The issue will repeat 2-3 times until it happens when windows try to load. ( every time it occurs happens more often)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

a Temporary solution is to boot to safe mode and reinstall GPU driver (ddu)

Then you relog to normal mode install a driver and all works fine for few hours and then happens again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Note that the problem never occurs when on bios or when on safe mode or even on Linux live distro.( No AMD drivers installed)

I did run a couple of stressing tests related to all parts with no issue so if GPU is under load have nothing to do with it.

Also i tried reinstalling a couple of AMD drivers but no matter the version, the same thing happens.

Hardware and Thermals looks fine in every kind of test i did so far.

Checking with different Mobo Bios but no matter that the same problem occurs. 

On windows 11 that i tried the problem occurs as well.

Lately i am trying to close all windows services on startup and try to figure out if a specific one cause it but no luck atm.

The next test will be to find an run an older version of Windows 10 or even 7.

As i see a few people have the same issue with different AMD cards probably after Windows update.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Pc Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700

RAM: corsair Vengeance 2x8 GB 3466 Mhz Samsung B-die

Mobo: Asus Rog Strix x370 -f gaming

GPU: RX Vega 64 Limited Ed

0 Likes
0 Replies