Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

salsito45
Journeyman III

black screen rx 5700 xt help me plz

hello to all of you

I just posted this message because I have all the big problems with my new config that I offered to 1500 had and which does not work at all.

No sooner do I launch a game like wolcen or overwatch, diablo 3 or chaosbane or even apex.

I game launches and pouf black screen and no return windows require a reboot.
I have scoured all the forums trying to apply all the advice to the letter but nothing helps. here is my config.

Motherboard: AMD B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600 Wraith Stealth Edition - 3.6 / 4.2 GHz
Power supply: CORSAIR - CX Bronze Modular - 750 W ??
Case: MasterBox MB520 RGB Black
SSD: MX500 500 GB 2.5 '' SATA III (6 Gb / s)
Graphics card: Radeon RX 5700 XT - PULSE OC - 8 GB
Ram: Vengeance LPX 16 Go (2 x 8 Go) - DDR4 3000 MHz Case 15

Screen: AOC CQ32G1_STN PC Gamer Curved Screen

I got my pc on topachat
I paid attention that the motherboard is with the maj of the bios for the ryzen 3600.
I have installed many versions of AMD graphics driver but maybe not the right version. tested versions:
2020 20 2.1
2020 20 2 1 Feb 3 the one I'm currently shooting on
2019 19 8 1 aug 20
2020 19 12 2 Dec 2

I’ve read a lot of problems like this with this video card.
I did something to find out if my video card was at fault. I took out the rx 5700 xt and put it on my old comfig. I also installed a new os win 10 pro 64 bit. No screen black I played overwatch and tested other games for 30 minutes and no black screen.
I put my old video card gtx 1060 nvidia from pny on my new config and it turns wonderfully no black screen. I previously used ddu to uninstall all the drivers and in ss failure mode.
so I said to myself that I could put my rx 5700 xt back on my new comfig as at the start. I installed the latest drivers and their software. I play 5 to ten minutes and splash black screen no return windows require a reboot.
I have not yet considered returning my whole pc since it is a top buy assembly, they will ask me to return it if it is defective it will cost me a lot.
here is where i am i am doing occt test but i don't understand anything. I am ready to do all the tests you want if you give advice. I am desperate

Can someone help me please?

0 Likes
3 Replies
ulteror
Adept I

Every 5700 XT owner is having this issue. The driver developers have issues.

0 Likes
viventis
Adept I

Roll drivers back to 19.8.1.  This works for Battlefield 5.

0 Likes
yetismash
Adept I

I did the DDU driver strip and installed the 20.1.3 directly. DDU Guide / Tutorial | Wagnardsoft 

Then I set a slightly more aggressive fan curve.pastedImage_1.png

I have all of the graphics features turned off.

pastedImage_2.png

Only Free Sync on with main Display (27inch Dell DP 2k)

Nothing on with other display (27 inch Dell HDMI 1080)

32GB RAM 3600 XMP

Gigabyte Aorus Master x570

Gigabyte 5700 xt Aorus

After the DDU strip I have had only one driver crash but a recoverable one... not the black display hard restart version.

Hopefully this is helpful.

0 Likes