cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hulbandula
Journeyman III

Black Screen on Windows BOOT

I'm using a RX 6800, MB B550M with a 5600x CPU. The system was running ok for accouple of weeks the suddenly the system booted into a black a screen. I see the blue windows logo and the spinning loading icon. But then the monitor gets no signal and I cant wake it up. I have to restart a couple of times and sometimes if lucks out but often I need to go in Safe Mode and uninstall the display adapter and driver and reboot. Then reinstall it in normal windows. 

I've tested

• reinstalling windows.
  • using 3 different AMD drivers.
  • Setting PCIex to Gen3. 
  • Disable fast boot, hibernation etc in windows 10
  • Shutting down computer whith shift + shutdown

Anyone got an  Idea on if this can be fixed somehow or I should just return the card?

If I uninstall the AMD graphics driver the system boots all the time using the Windows Basic Display adapter. And once I manage to boot using the AMD drivers the system works great. I can game and it does not crash etc. It only seem to happen when I restart / shutdown and start the system. And sometime when trying to install the graphics driver.

0 Likes
1 Solution
hulbandula
Journeyman III

Well I gave up. Seems to just be a AMD kinda thang so I returned the card and rocking a NVIDIA instead. works like a charm.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
hulbandula
Journeyman III

Well I gave up. Seems to just be a AMD kinda thang so I returned the card and rocking a NVIDIA instead. works like a charm.

0 Likes