cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

andrulko
Adept II

Re: Black screen on the first Windows boot (Nitro+ RX 5700 XT)

Jump to solution

I have finally reproduced good old black screen again! But on one monitor only, fortunately I did not have to reset PC during a videocall.

So, I have enabled Ultimate Engine for Freesync in monitor settings in the morning. It worked pretty fine for around 2 hours, then I had a meeting + 1140p recording at a time and after ~10 minutes I've encountered black screen on monitor with Freesync enabled. My 2nd old LG monitor doesn't support Freesync and I could still talk with another person, I could still work on LG monitor.

I have disabled Freesync in Samsung's monitor settings and within few seconds it started to work. I had another 3 meetings without any issues later on.

There is definitely some Freesync issue in 20.4.2 driver or just not the best compatibility with my monitor. I'll try "Standard Engine" monitor Freesync setting tomorrow.

christiang
Adept III

Jump to solution
Uncheck "Enable Quick Launch" it worked on first boot. Thank you! (Radeon Pro Software)
0 Likes
andrulko
Adept II

Jump to solution

In general, my system was very stable these days. I've managed to play some DOOM on Sunday, no crashes. No crashes on cold boot anymore, I don't even need to turn 2nd monitor on when starting PC, it's loading in any case. Main monitor is running in "Standard Engine" Freesync mode, I didn't have black screens.

But around 15 minutes ago, when lots of Chrome tabs were opened BSOD has occurred. Here are details:

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffc503613772c0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff80791750818, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc0000001, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000003, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0354308.inf_amd64_48534036afa0f0d8\B354265\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for win32k.sys

BUGCHECK_CODE: 116

BUGCHECK_P1: ffffc503613772c0

BUGCHECK_P2: fffff80791750818

BUGCHECK_P3: ffffffffc0000001

BUGCHECK_P4: 3

PROCESS_NAME: System

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+10818

MODULE_NAME: atikmpag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmpag.sys

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {e300aa8c-6915-3f37-7957-d2e4fc30a6fd}

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

I didn't encounter it for weeks, now it's here. Hope it's just one-time thing and I won't see it again. Probably, that's even somehow linked with Windows 10 2004 build, I think they already got a report from me

0 Likes
nelegal7
Adept I

Jump to solution

Здравствуйте! Можете сказать как решили? Я как понимаю у меня такая же проблема. Устанавливаю драйвер и все идет на ура. Как только перезагрузишься все ж*па полная. Зависает на загрузке,удаление драйвера помогает. 

Hello! Can you tell me how you decided? I understand that I have the same problem. I install the driver and everything goes off with a bang. As soon as you reboot, everyone has arrived. Hangs on loading, uninstalling the driver helps.

0 Likes
andrulko
Adept II

Jump to solution

Привет! Я даже сам не знаю, что именно помогло, но наверное апрейд до Windows 10 2004 (Insider Preview) и подключение второго монитора. Ради интереса, когда компьютер будет "холодный" завтра с утра, попробую включить его без второго монитора и посмотрю, заработает ли. Я часто стартую даже без включения второго монитора (но он по HDMI подключен), поэтому может даже какой-то недавний апдейт Windows решил основную проблему с запуском и стабильностью. 28 мая ждем официальный релиз 2004 версии Windows, тогда установлю систему с нуля. Посмотрите также посты выше, я заметил что с 2 мониторами частота памяти автоматически увеличилась.

Hey! I think that Windows 10 2004 + 2nd monitor have solved cold boot and stability issue. I'll try running PC without 2nd monitor connected tomorrow. I don't even need to turn 2nd monitor on, it works in any case. Windows 10 2004 should be released officially after May 28th 2020, I'll install fresh copy and quit Insider Preview.

0 Likes
lightsout
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi guys! 

Did anyone manage to solve this issue yet?

My system worked fine for months, and all the sudden this happened. Out of nowhere, first boot of the day.

Going into safe mode and uninstalling the drivers, "fixes" the problem. But as soon as I install any version of the drivers, it goes black at the end of installation (before restart).

I only have one monitor. And my Windows is not version 2004.

Please help me if you found a solution, anyone.

0 Likes