cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FulkGren
Journeyman III

Black screen issue with 5700XT

My setup was okay and working perfectly fine since I got everything last year (September 2020) ; however, a month ago I came across a weird issue. 

Randomly when starting a game and playing a little, both my monitors would go black and I would be unable to gain access  back to visuals. I could hear everything and still move. I would then reset my computer and when I turn it back on and go to device manager, it would show my GPU is disabled due to an error or something. I would then delete it entirely and reinstall the latest update for drivers and after doing this 2/3 times it would fix the issue for a few days until it starts again.

Any idea why this is happening?? I haven't treated the computer or anything badly and have taken a lot of care of it so I feel the GPU shouldn't be having issues after only a year. 

SPECS: 

SSD:
Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 3D2, QLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDPEKNW010T8X1

MOTHERBOARD:
MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK AM4 ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM:
CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 DRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model CMW16GX4M2C3200C16

PROCESSOR:
AMD RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 65W 100-100000071BOX Desktop Processor

VIDEO CARD
XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT DirectX 12 RX-57XT83LD8 Video Card

POWER SUPPLY:
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 GA, 80 Plus Gold 650W, Fully Modular, ECO Mode with Dbb Fan, 10 Year Warranty, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-GA-0650-X1

CPU COOLER:
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L RGB Close-Loop CPU Liquid Cooler, 120mm Radiator, Dual Chamber RGB Pump, Dual MF120R RGB Fans w/ RGB Lighting Sync for AMD Ryzen/Intel 1200, 1151

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the club. Update Windows, chipset drivers from AMD support and download the Radeon driver 21.11.1 and either amdcleanup or DDD. Deactivate the network card, Windows Update and the device installation setting to no. In Safe Mode with DDD, delete all graphics drivers and restart. Now just install the Radeon driver without the adrenaline software and restart. Now you can reactivate the network card. This procedure prevents a Microsoft driver from installing in the background, which can lead to your problems. I've been using the MSI Afterburner and FurMark for a long time. In the standard setting of the Radeon graphics driver, the RX5700XT is actually already at the top end, with GPU-Z Button Lookup (included in FurMark) you can view and compare your manufacturer-specific card data. I test every game with different core clocks and core voltages until it runs stably like Cyberpunk 2077 with KT 1350 and KV 1100 and Doom Eternal runs with KT 2100 and KV 1184 is Radeon standard. In the settings of the Afterburner under compatibility properties activate all ticks in user mode and reference design. With FurMark you can test the graphic profiles. So I have a stable system with my GiBy Aorus RX5700XT.

0 Likes