cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

calvinwong
Adept I

Black Screen in Windows 10 with Driver 17.4.4

I have a fresh installation on the windows and with default MS Basic Display driver on my below desktop.

MB:       ASUS Z87

Display: ASUS R9 RX270

RAM:     32GB RAM

CPU:     Intel i7-4770

OS:       Windows 10 Build 15063.250  / Windows 8.1 (Fresh install OS already, same issues happened !!)

Everything work, but since I have a dual 32"ft monitor, thus i need to install AMD drivers to get that work.

Nightmare comes, I tried with driver 17.4.4 (any many lower version), during installation it goes both screen with black screen, and it don't works thus I reboot the PC, every-time i reboot it goes back to black screen.

Finally I had to goes to safe mode to delete the drivers and roll back to MS Basic Display Drivers.

Jesus, this issues had been happened since last months, I tried to look around on forums and tried every solutions still not work !!

Any ideas why the display drivers can't work?

Any suggest drivers/version which would work?

Thanks!!!

Display Adapter.PNG

0 Likes
13 Replies
felipechalreo
Adept II

Re: Black Screen in Windows 10 with Driver 17.4.4

This might sound silly, but have you tried uninstall using DDU?

0 Likes
calvinwong
Adept I

Hi Bro,  just tried again, DDU also don't helps ...  (i.e. boot into safe mode, ddu uninstall ati drivers), then reinstall drivers again...   very frustrated ... once the driver install run in the mid, both screen goes black, i need to boot into safe mode and uninstall the driver again ...

0 Likes
kyoshosan
Journeyman III

Hi..

You could try to install with only 1 screen connected.. I have also some problems when two screens are connected too.

0 Likes
calvinwong
Adept I

now I tried with only one screen also same bro ...

1) a fresh install of windows 8.1

2) bios setting already goes default

3) then install driver it goes black screen again

4) DDU

5) Install driver from ati.com (latest) ..

6) but it goes green screen !!  *** as attached **

Then i need soft boot, and goes back safe mode, I revert to MS Basic Driver the screen is back to normal again ...

Man, still not able to use the display card for a month normally while struggling for driver issues... very disappointed !!

0 Likes
felipechalreo
Adept II

capture20170430144653735.png

Welcome to my World.

calvinwong
Adept I

jesus .. bro .. at least yours able to install the drivers and still able to see and capture the screen ... my dual screen is now only working as 1 screen and whenever I tried to reinstall the driver, it goes both black screen ... , now can only use MS Basic Drivers ..

0 Likes
mrwillis
Adept I

AMD drivers are trash

mooby47
Journeyman III

I have the same issue, only have one screen going at a time unless I uninstall amd drivers. its driving me nuts. Cant figure it out.

atlasminor
Challenger

Here you go bud,

previous chipset list link:

Previous AMD Chipset Drivers

Teamed with AMD 15.7 that can be found at the same place you picked up that tool, or if not TechPowerUp still has 15.7 posted for your MoBo/GPU

GL hope you get that worked out, but that seems simple to what I'm looking at.

0 Likes