cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

shoesfx
Adept II

Black Screen HAS RETURNED! RX 5700 XT

I can confirm latest Drivers 20.10.1 and 20.11.1 are causing Black Screen all over again, ingame, while pc is idle doing nothing etc

It all started yesterday although i'm using 20.10.1 drivers since released without any BS.

The only sollution is Hard PowerOff button, restart button doesnt work

Win 10 had an update lately i hope this isn't what causing the problem :(

0 Likes
14 Replies
davidhen
Journeyman III

Im having a similar issue only when i play WoW pretty much. I made a post and it got marked for spam :/

0 Likes
topdeck
Journeyman III

Happening to me now. This is garbage.

0 Likes

Don't you have Widows Update set to not/or delay driver download/install ?

0 Likes
shoesfx
Adept II

Guys 24h without a black screen with version 20.11.2. Just make sure when you unistall previous drivers you use DDU uninstaller and (always) in Safe Mode. If you don't know how to enter Safe Mode hold shift and press restart.  After your PC restarts to the Choose an Option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, a list of options should appear. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode

Interesting, i had blackscreens way back like up to february 2020, but then nothing and havent had one since then. I've noticed that drivers throughout all these months, decreased my boost clock on the gpu -it started with 2050mhz, and not its boosting to 1950mhz. Maybe it was crashing because of too high clocks? Try going few days with -100mhz on your clocks and see if it helps. 

0 Likes

Did that. 

Seen a few Black Screens on an RX5700XT today.

Intermittent.
The screen just blanks out.
Especially if I alt Z or Alt R to bring up the Radeon overlay.
Also noticed thet Fortnite is losing WASD key input if I use the Radeon Overlay Menu to change a setting such as chill/freesync on/off etc. 

0 Likes
makkara
Adept II

Had black screens reliably when i had 1750 -> 1800 MHz memory OC. Reduced memory OC to default and black screens disappeared completely.

0 Likes
shoesfx
Adept II

12/8/2020 Latest drivers started two days ago having Black Screen again.... **bleep**

0 Likes

Atleast now i know, that i didnt out-of-nowhere fry my gpu *whew*

0 Likes

Yo i confirm that returned, 6 hours of crashes yesterday, applying common fixes, 3 windows 10 versions, i couldn't even install drivers until iused whql 20.9.1, but still crashes, for some reason computer last long if im using just TV instead DVI PC, so if anyone can help please.

Gpu R9 370

Windows 10 1909

I was able to check event viewer and this happens when crashes:IMG-20201208-WA0008.jpeg

IMG-20201208-WA0006.jpeg

0 Likes

Black Screens Matter!

0 Likes

Have you all tried updating to 20.12.1 Driver?

0 Likes

Try uninstalling with DDU in safe mode, if you haven't before then this might be the problem.

If you have, then check how old your win10 are. If it is 1year+ then it might be also producing registration errors (windows patches could mess up your files etc), if so download for free (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209)  the latest version and install it (via usb). 
I'm going to try and update my bios

0 Likes