cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

brycie
Journeyman III

Black screen flickering, New Build, Ryzen 5 3600, Saphire 5600XT

Hi, I finally build my new PC yesterday, I installed the latest drivers 2.4.2 and instantly started getting this weird black screen flicker every 5-10mins, It happens sat on the desktop and whilst playing games, I have read on the patch notes for 2.4.2 that this patch is supposed to fix my issue. However, as this was a fresh install, with these new drivers being the only drivers installed. I am not sure why it has not fixed it for me. I have also tried to DDU the driver and use the previous 2.2 version, but it does the same thing, albeit it seemed slightly less often. Is anyone else still getting these issues? Or does anyone have a working fix? As from reading this forum, the latest drivers seem to have fixed the issue for everyone else. Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

If you turn on Freesync, turn off it.

0 Likes

Thanks, but I have it off already.

0 Likes

OK second step, please try to disable fast boot.

0 Likes

Tried this and issue still persists, I am also running just the driver now, no Radeon software, again tried both the latest and previous drivers this way. No luck

0 Likes
chrise-w
Journeyman III

Hi having exactly the same problem with my new build. bios is up to date, drivers up to date and everything on standard settings. Black flickering monitor happening randomly. checked the HDMI port and its working perfectly fine. Crashed while playing game. came up with this error code "re3.exe - fatal application exit" "hresult=0x887a0005, the GPU device instance has been suspended". Also glitching across the screen 

Build:

i5 9600k

Msi z390 a pro mobo

Gigabyte rx 5700 XT

16 gb corair vengeance ddr4 3200 mhz

corsair 650 w psu

0 Likes