cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jack3
Adept I

Black screen flicker when watching videos in browser

Anyone else experience a black screen flicker and videos crashing in the browser when using the latest AMD drivers? 

It seems to happen all the time and is very annoying. I also experience it when watching clips on coub.com. 

It is like the browser and the GPU acceleration have a bug that needs fixing. 

This is definitely the latest drivers causing the problem. I was using a very old driver with the 5700xt and never had this issue, as soon as I upgraded the drivers then I start getting the videos crashing in the browser and it goes black and green. 

This needs fixing ASAP!!!!!!!

0 Likes
6 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

Please try this method.

Access violation errors (Exception code: 0xc0000005) can happen because of different reasons. Corrupted files being one of them. I was getting this error daily. After doing a fresh install of the drivers (DDU and factory reset), I'm currently testing whether or not giving RadeonSoftware.exe admin access will resolve it if it is indeed running into access issues.

I'm on day 3 with no black screen yet. At this point I'd do anything to resolve it. I also gave full access in the security tab and disabled windows "full screen optimizations". I have no idea whether this will work or not but it can't hurt. I'll do what I can until AMD finally fixes this issue.

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

0 Likes
rainingtacco
Challenger

Can you return the GPU? I can promise you this will not get fixed. 

0 Likes

I can't return as I have had it for many months. I can resolve this by disabling GPU hard acceleration in the browser but I shouldn't have to do that with a £450 GPU. 

I want this fixed ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes

I think it's not difference between disabling GPU hard acceleration and enable it.

0 Likes

We should not gimp our systems and turn off HA. GPUs are designed for that, CPUs are not as effective. 

aksolaris
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. I am using integrated graphics, with 2gb RAM dedicated. Whenever I watch a video (kinda of only on html5 platforms) the screen starts to blink in black, come back to normal and to the same thing over and over again, until I go and close the video. This only stops when I turn off hardware acceleration.. and nobody tells why! Is that a hardware problem being hide by this option? Is that a bug with the browser? A driver problem? I don't know! It doesn't happen with video games, it doesn't matter how heavy it is. Only with regular videos (YouTube and Facebook for example don't trigger the problem).

0 Likes