Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

no0klyz
Journeyman III

Black screen during rx 5700 xt driver installation

Hey,

So I tried installing my gpu's drivers but it seems to go black screen while installing and then my monitor shuts down and says there's no signal. I have to shutdown my pc manually, then go to safe mode, uninstall the driver and then I can access windows normally but without any graphic driver. 

Could someone help me ?

0 Likes
6 Replies
tgodtaylor
Journeyman III

This is a problem of AMD itself. They got some bugs in there Driver softwares that causes errors in latest Windows 10 version.

Try install the drivr over cmd (driverload64) or Manager

0 Likes

How do I install the driver over cmd or manager ?

0 Likes

Look here: Windows: how to install driver from recovery command prompt? - Super User 

Command: drvload.exe *.inf
Open cmd as admin

go to Driver location > AMD > Driver > .. > Display
and execute there the command. it will isntall your Display drivers. Without software or extras. U can use full resolutions now.

0 Likes

This is all very confusing. It sounds like it should be simple but for someone who doesn't know how to use things like dvrload or cmd this is very difficult to just execute.

When I run dvrload it says it's not recognized as any type of command or program

You say go to the driver location but there is no location yet because the driver isn't installed and wiped with ddu

AMD drivers are .exe files not .inf so i really don't understand how to do anything mentioned here

I'm really going insane trying to get my gpu to work

What is that "manager" people speak of? Where do I find this

0 Likes
eglactis
Journeyman III

You can use version 19.9.2, it works.

The link : https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.9.2-sep23.exe 

This version fixed my crash and black screen problems.

0 Likes
gcabral08
Adept I

What worked for you?

0 Likes