archvin13
Journeyman III

Black screen during driver installation for Radeon Pro WX 3100

Specs:

• OS - Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit
  • CPU - AMD Ryzen 2600 6-core 3.4GHz
  • GPU - AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100 
  • Memory - 8GBx2 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX kit at 3000MHz
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte B350 DS3H, BIOS F50 (latest)
  • PSU - Corsair CX550W

Recently I started facing an issue where whenever I try to install display driver for AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100 GPU, it proceeds with the installation and midway the monitor goes black and it says "Input Signal Not Found. Check video cable and video source". But if I boot Windows in safe mode and disable the display adapter for this GPU, windows boots up fine. As long as I don't install the driver it works fine, which is very confusing. Kindly help me with this issue. I have tried installing an earlier version of the driver and it still gives the same issue.

Driver details -

win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q3.1-sep18

win10-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q4.1-dec4

I tried both the above mentioned driver versions, in both instances I get the same issue. For now I've just disabled the display adapter corresponding to AMD Radeon Pro WX3100

0 Likes
2 Replies
hamish
Journeyman III

Did you resolve this, as I have the same issue.

In my case: Microsoft Basic Display Driver gives a display, but the oldest (19.Q2) and latest (20.Q2.2) WIN10 AMD WX3100 drivers available on AMD.com have the issue where the screen goes black after the driver installation finishes.

0 Likes

Update:

Installed radeon-pro-software-17.q4.1-whql-dec14, no black screen.

Packaged Driver Version
- Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4.1 installation package contains the following: Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Driver 17.Q4.1 with base driver version WHQL 17.30.3201 for Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Windows 7.

Download AMD FirePro/Radeon Pro Enterprise Graphics Driver 17.Q4.1 for Windows 7 64 bit (softpedia.c...

Click on: Softpedia Secure Download (US) to download

Yes, I know it says WIN7 on the link but I understand from the package driver version it's good for WIN10, and it's working for me at the moment with WIN10 64bit

Will use this for a while to check there are no problems, then will try later versions.

Merry Christmas 2020

0 Likes