cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

qnarkill
Adept I

Re: Black screen during amd driver install

Same here for R9 290, get black screen while upgrading drivers. Latest windows update.

Im running on a vm so i bet it isn't psu issue. Machine ran couple years great like this on older drivers. The issue started after updated windows. Amd wattman did not work in anyway and none of the menus even opened they were unresponsive. I thought i'd need to update the drivers.. but got instead "blackened"

Did a ddu uninstall after unable to boot the machine and tried again. Same. Now running on windows update drivers which give playable performance.

qnarkill
Adept I

Ok, installed 6800 and the same happened. Installed new windows and found out that Its the freakin installer which is crapped.

Nice job AMD!!!

Mweqo
Journeyman III

Hello, I have the same problem, the only solution that has been the MSI Afterburner  ver. 4.6.3 beta 4 program so far. My card is Sapphire Radeon R9 390X NITRO, I lowered Core Clok from 1080 MHz to 980 MHz, and Memory Clock from 1500 MHz to 1150 MHz. And I increased Fan Speed . I have tried all solutions, only this solution works for me. Drivers installed AMD 20.12.1 ,This solution is for black screen when playing games.

Tags (1)
ggp9690
Journeyman III

I’ve had this same issue for about a week with a 5700 XT. The machine worked great on the latest version of Windows and with the latest optional AMD drivers, and then boom black screen after Windows boot. I’ve tried clean installing windows, using display driver uninstaller, windows update graphics drivers and so far nothing has worked.  I can boot windows into safe mode, but as soon as I install any drivers the screen goes black. 

ggp9690
Journeyman III

Was able to fix the problem following this guys video.

https://youtu.be/Qh2xEUXWeqs

0 Likes
qnarkill
Adept I

Also i had to add virtual machines config xml

<hyperv>
<vendor_id state="on" value="pffAMD"/>
</hyperv>

0 Likes
tonn333
Adept I

you reinstalled windows and that didn't work.

but now you used ddu to remove drivers and reinstall them and that worked? How?

I've used ddu many times now but everytime I reinstall the drivers the screen looses signal. I can still remote in with my iPad and see that the computer is working fine.

So for now I have just been using windows default drivers just to get work done. 

tonn333
Adept I

I tried the latest drivers but same problem. 21.1.1

Went back to default windows drivers because I need to use my computer. 1700 euro gpu >:(

0 Likes
Ad4N0S
Journeyman III

I had the same issue and i spent almost 2 weeks trying all the solutions or suggestions i have found on the internet to solve it, but nothing worked. So i decided that it was time to quit and stop wasting my time for nothing and buy a new GPU. But as you know at this time GPU market has gone crazy and prices are x3 at least, so i quit gaming for a month until today that i talked to my cousin and he asked me if i have on board graphics enabled. He told me to turn off onboard graphics from BIOS because it is possible to conflict when installing GPU driver. BOOOOOM ..... after disabling onboard graphics from BIOS, GPU driver installed successfully. I hope this helps someone from wasting hours like i did!

erfanlau
Journeyman III

i has the same problem with you, its go black sreen when i updated a new driver from 20.4.1 to 21.4.1 before i used 20.4.1 worked finely, then i uninstall again the newest version 21.4.1 with ddu at safemode then reinstall the 20.4.1 and its already fine

0 Likes