Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Jonilo5
Adept I

Re: Black screen during amd driver install

Thanks for the suggestion and glad it worked for you

I tried that in BIOS but same black screen result for me

I have tried everything and I am losing hope for my r9 270 card. Troubleshooted for around 3 weeks now 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
LordGrim
Journeyman III

I am in the exact same boat as you dude ^ I have been having these issues with my Sapphire Radeon R9 270X and so far nothing has worked except not downloading or installing ANY graphics drivers regardless of whether they are from windows or from AMD Software. Different cards sometimes don't have the same supported drivers as other cards so a lot of what I am reading about certain drivers working for certain cards I might not have available to my R9 270X. If anyone on this thread has had this issue with their R9 270X and has either FIXED this issue and or is STILL troubleshooting it then please get in contact with me

0 Likes
LordGrim
Journeyman III

I am in the exact same boat as you dude ^ I have been having these issues with my Sapphire Radeon R9 270X and so far nothing has worked except not downloading or installing ANY graphics drivers regardless of whether they are from windows or from AMD Software. Different cards sometimes don't have the same supported drivers as other cards so a lot of what I am reading about certain drivers working for certain cards I might not have available to my R9 270X. If anyone on this thread has had this issue with their R9 270X and has either FIXED this issue and or is STILL troubleshooting it then please get in contact with me I am begging you T_T

0 Likes
Petitdoigt
Adept I

I had the same problem (you can see my post right here https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/loose-signal-when-installing-amd-drivers-for-a-rx-6800... )

I just changed monitor ( i was playing on an old monitor, with HDMI connection ( if i had to guess, i think the monitor had like HDMI 1.4). 
I changed my screen to a more recent one with a DP 1.4, and i have no problem with it for now. 

I don't know how backward compatible is the Dp 1.4 to hdmi 2.1 to hdmi 1.4...

So if you "can" just try to plug your config to a somewhat recent screen, and see if you have any display !

LordGrim
Journeyman III

I'll definitely try doing that but it doesn't make sense considering my current monitor is already pretty recent its a good monitor and it works fine with my other PC

0 Likes
Jonilo5
Adept I

Hello Grim, 
I don't have an R9 270X but an R9 270 (not sure if much difference) and have been troubleshooting until now. Today I got to lend some old GPU from my friend and I could install the driver for it (I borrowed an GeForce 8800). So  I suspect that my AMD GPU is dead, even if I barely put stress on it on its lifetime. 

It's sad if I am correct, and that no driver will ever work with it again. The warranty for my is long gone.  

Hope you figure it out, and keep me updated if you find a solution. 

0 Likes