GIGABYTE AX370 Gaming K3 - latest bios F22b

CPU/APU

Ryzen 1700 3.0GHz

Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

Antec 500W

RAM

16GB  DDR4 2400

-----

I have moved to the new AMD system recently from Intel i7 920 (only keep graphic card), fresh install windows 10 with latest update of drivers and bios for all the hardware. and the system had black screen and back to normal after using the computer for a while, sometimes the system is completely frozen. I attached the event report from windows and AMD. I never experiences this issue when I was on the old system - same graphic card. I'm very frustrated now as this is my working computer.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I never think my card is defective, because if it was defective, it wouldn't work perfectly in my Intel system which I was very happy with RX 460. Also, it works fine in my friend computer who I borrowed the 1050Ti from.

The problem happened since I bought a brand new AMD CPU R7 1700, motherboard X370, 16 GB of RAM and Samsung M.2 NVME. PSU and graphic card are moved into the new system. Since the TDR Delay issue, I started to test the RAM, change the motherboard from Gigabyte to Asrock and the issue still exist. CPU and M.2 drive are eliminated from the source of TDR Delay issue because the system is work perfectly with 1050Ti.

Another point is the problem becomes worse if I install the latest 18.3.1 driver, the screen just black out and Dr. debug on the motherboard shows code 00, which is "Please check if the CPU is installed correctly and then clear CMOS". I pressed reset button and everything just works as normal.

Base on all the tests I have done, I still have absolutely no idea where is the TDR Delay issue comes from, my guessing is about driver issue as they are the only component different after all the tests from my end or the graphic card just doesn't "like" my new AMD build.

There no support tool to track the source of issue, and I have no support from AMD so far.

I have spent almost 4 weeks for this bug, everyday include weekend, at least 8-10 hours per day. I totally give up now, ordered Nvidia 1050 card to be in peace (The only moment that I have experience 0 issue was when I use the 1050Ti from my friend). I just want to use the browser without any issue, I don't play game, don't oc.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21 Replies