Drivers & Software

cegga
Journeyman III

Black screen after windows logo

Hi guys !

This computer works as it is (no parts add/remove/change) since 2 years :

•     Graphics Card : AMD RX Vega 64
  •     Operating System : Windows 10 64bit
  •     Display Devices : Chinese Brand monitors,  2 of them connect by displayport resolution 2560x1440@70Hz

My issue:

After a micro power outage one my monitor refuse to display a image more 1 seconds when windows have finish to boot. During POST the monitors work perfectly, but when Windows have finish to boot they turn in sleep mode.

I have permute the displayport cable, but it's the same monitor who turn black.
I have uninstall the graphics driver whit DDU and block Windows update: the monitor who didn't work, work now whiteout amd drivers, the second on can't because no driver no dual monitor....
So i have install the last AMD drivers(Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.3 ), and now the 2 screen refuse to display a mage more than 1 sec.
If i use the windows shortcut to extend the desktop during 1 second everything works.

Them I have try with the WHQL drivers (19.9.2) but same result.

Them i have download the last version of Pop_OS! to boot it on a usb key, just to try and everything works out of the box, the 2 monitors at good resolution , ips , and  3D also.

Them i have follow the step that i found of this forum :

Download the AMD driver you want to load.

Download DDU form wagnardsoft_com. It includes instructions, read and follow them.

Disable hibernation/fast startup in Windows 10.

Run DDU from Safe Mode, while disconnected from the internet.

Re-Install the driver with internet disconnected. This keeps Windows update from interfering.

But i have the same result.

So i guess the issue is Windows or AMD drivers config files somewhere ?

0 Likes
4 Replies
cegga
Journeyman III

UPDATE: Ok it's working now with the 19.6.2 drivers.

I have spend one days on testing this, 2 complete install of windows 10, and try with 3 graphics cards:

• Sapphire AMD Radeon RX Vega 64
  • MSI RX 580 OC 8GB Armor
  • MSI GTX 760 (idk model)

The test process was : no other PCI cards, a new iso of windows download form the Microsoft website, DDU in safe mode each time.

One the test was to install windows offline, and try 19.11.3 and 19.9.2 on the Vega and the 580. The second one was to get the update from windows update before the installation before trying 19.11.3 19.9.2.

With the 2 AMD cards the drivers 19.11.2  and 19.9.2 give a issue, back screen, the GTX works, them i download the 19.6.2 driver for the Vega and everything was working perfectly, i haven't the RX 580, the point was to get working the Vega on this computer.

So i don't understand what the hell is going one, i have block the updates for now.

My computer :

• Asus H97-PRO
  • i5 4670K
0 Likes

No respond?????

0 Likes
bandok
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with a brand new Radeon rx 5700 xt. 
When I am installing the AMD driver, my screen turns black. Then when I am restarting the computer, I can see the windows logo a few seconds and then instead of the sign-in page I have got a black screen.

So I uninstall the AMD driver to get back to the "basic display adapter". This allows me to use windows out of the safe mode but every time I install back the AMD driver I get the black screen. before the new install attempt of the AMD driver, I always used DDU cleaner and the AMD clean up utility. I have tried several driver versions (adrenalin 20.1.4, 20.1.3, 20.1.1) but none of them work.
My last try was to disable driver signature enforcement and install the driver without the internet to ensure that windows would not interfere in the installation. I also made a new clean installation of windows but nothing work...

My config is:
- GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5700XT
- OS Windows 10 pro 64bit 1909 (18363)
- Motherboard: B450M Mortar max (bios 2.6)
- CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
- ram: Corsair vengeance rgb pro 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz
- memory: Samsung 970 evo NVMe M.2
- power supply: Corsair TX650M
- Display Devices Benq BL2420 (through HDMI), 2560x1440p

every component is new.

Someone could help me, please?  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
x-borg89
Journeyman III

Facing the same issue as well. I tried everything you guys did. No success till yet with my Saphire R9 390.

0 Likes