Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kubur
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Black screen after Wake up from Sleep 16.7.3 and 16.8.2/3

Exactly, on 16.1 version the issue does not exist. With every later version the problem is there.

So the workaround for all the people having this issue is to install 16.1 version.

The problem is the driver is getting old and AMD does not care that since almost a year they have a problem and they do nothing about it.

And for sure this is AMD driver related, not overclocking or other reasons.

I have my pc overclocked since ages. On 16.1 it's not a problem. There is no sleep issue.

On later versions no matter if my pc is overclocked or not, I can't wake up my PC from sleep. The blame is on AMD!

Guys, my humble request: please use the issue reporting form, which I mentioned few posts above and bomb AMD wit the reports. Only with the critical mass they will notice pur problem.

They are worthless. I'm very disappointed with their customer care and driver department. Such a shame that they don't care.

⁣​

0 Kudos
smh_r9
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Any news about this problems? Got this problem also with my 270x, must stay with 16.7.2, but want some features from new drivers, like relive.

j4rn0
Adept I
Adept I

So a year later, kept the same drivers for a year. Figuring that after a year they must have fixed it in one of the 30+ updates they had. But! too bad, after installing version 17.9.1 this same issue still persists. AMD cant do anything about it.

Best option is to buy a different brand video card I guess.

0 Kudos
j4rn0
Adept I
Adept I

Hi Everyone,

So after over a year i was able to solve the issue (for me) myself. After sending in numerous tickets that where left unanswered and reading many many many posts that lead to dead ends.

Troubleshoot:

I installed the drivers manualy through device manager and this seems to solve the issue. though i still needed the radeon settings to set my tv (which is connected with a DVI to HDMI converter into a HDMI/HDMI cable) to full RGB pixel format.

so the issue wasnt solved yet.

Cause:

after reading many posts there where alot of people who have this issue when their monitor is either connected to DVI or Display port so when i replug the hdmi cable into the dvi converter my primary screen which is on the HDMI port came back. So for me the DVI where it goes wrong.

After troubleshooting further I did ANOTHER full clean of anything AMD related and isntalled only the display drivers and radeon settings, Left out all the other options.

For some strange reason it is working now, even when i set the RGB to full it still works. No more black screen after sleep.

Regards,

Jarno

cloudy
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I just posted a new question about the same problem. Indeed, my connection is DVI.

In a few years old PC, this problem only arose when a few days ago I uninstalled the old AMD Catalyst, installed a new AMD graphics card and the AMD Radeon Crimson 17.11.1 software. Now in a few days is v. 17.11.4, but I do not see any mention that this problem is resolved.

Updating the software is not something I am willing to do on a daily basis unless I know for certain it resolves the issue.
Any latest info?

0 Kudos
majstrzvasi
Adept I
Adept I

my 460 i have on my tv runing 4k resolution problems with black screen after turning on tv. It knows the device is on hdmi but no picture i go on team viewer from diferent computer and i can see everything is working. I disabled sleep mode and monitor always on still not detecting tv sometimes. I have feeling every driver update is worse old drivers worked ok.

0 Kudos