Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

j4rn0
Adept I
Adept I

Black screen after Wake up from Sleep 16.7.3 and 16.8.2/3

Dear AMD,

Since the last updates. Whenever my pc returns from sleep mode my screen stays black. The backlight of my monitor does pop up but the screen it self stays black.

To fix this i have to restart the whole pc.

1. Same issue when hooked up to the TV. Both monitor and TV are a 1080p

2. After 16.7.3 i installed 16.8.2/3 (hotfix), this solved nothing.

3. Uninstalled all ATI drivers and software and reinstalled 16.8.2/3. Solved nothing.

Videocard is a HD7870. Running windows 7 64bit

Please help.

Regards,

Jarno

15 Replies
amdpete
Staff
Staff

Re: Black screen after Wake up from Sleep 16.7.3 and 16.8.2/3

Please report the issue here:

AMD Issue Reporting Form

Giving the power states set in the motherboard BIOS and the make and models of TV and Monitor.

0 Kudos
kubur
Adept II
Adept II

Hi Mate!

This is a problem which lots of users experience starting from drivers 16.3 but AMD stays silent with this. They simply are not able to acknowledge that the produce worthless drivers. All answers you will receive from them is this issue reporting form. I have reported it many times and guess what - NOTHING!

The issue still persists, no answers or questions from their side. Simply - nothing.

This is the top class support they provide

Here is my thread regarding this issue. FOr me, the drivers are not waking up the card from sleep. I thought that this is crossfire related, but reading your post makes me feel that it is not.

https://community.amd.com/thread/199688?q=sleep

Someone posted and answer to my thread, I will test this solution today. Maybe it is a good workaround. I encourage you to try it also and forsake the thought that AMD will solve this issue for us. Simply they don't care. I will never buy any product from them in the future.

Cheers mate!

totbatotammo
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

here int his post you are saying. "lots of users experience starting from drivers 16.3 but AMD stays silent with this."

While in the referred thread, in the last post you said "Only 16.1 version does that, all versions above ARE FAULTY! Tried all of them."

I am confuse please tell the actual version from which it starts, as you have tested is thoroughly, it might save time and bandwidth for me

0 Kudos
kubur
Adept II
Adept II

Hi,

So to make it simple:

All drivers below 16.1 and incliding 16.1 are ok. This issue is not present there.

Starting from 16.3 and going through ALL newer versions this issue exists.

So 16.1 is the lasr good version.

All newer versions are faulty.

Hope it helps

28.08.2016 19:48 totbatotammo <amd-external@jiveon.com> napisał(a):

Community

Black screen after Wake up from Sleep 16.7.3 and 16.8.2/3

in Drivers & Software

kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

So you have a crossfired 7870 ...not a single card?

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

There was a recent Windows update that had something to do with apps/programs waking correctly from sleep. I can't remember if it was a update for Win7 or Win8.1. You might check.

There have been some reports that updating the audio drivers (Realtek,etc) have solved the issue.

0 Kudos
jakob91
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the same problem since I installed new drivers (two latest revisions). Whenever I come back from sleep mode (or windows shut down the monitor after X minutes) the screen stay black and there is nothing I can do except hitting the reset button. I did a bios update, didn't change a thing. I'm gonna try to find an old video driver somewhere because I never let my monitor open for no reason and I put my computer to sleep pretty much everyday..

I would understand some glitch in an obscure game but to lose the video signal when resuming windows seems like quite a flaw. I hope it gets fixed at some point so I can install recent drivers again..

Update: I tried the latest driver from a few days ago and... still not fixed. I was considering buying a new Radeon card in the next few months but after several weeks without being able to resume from a simple sleep mode or turned off display (reset button being the last resort) I guess that's it for me.

0 Kudos
jdk
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Adding in that I have also had this same issue.  On an R9 290.  Just updated to 16.10.2 and still having the issue.

It only seems to happen to me when I have 2 monitors plugged in, which is almost always.  The connector configuration doesn't seem to make a huge difference.

0 Kudos
jakob91
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I installed the version 16.1 since about a month and I don't have the issue anymore. Well the problem still occur but with 16.1 you can just press ctrl+alt+del to make windows popping-up back instead of having to reset the computer thus creating bad clusters.

Still amazed they haven't fixed it yet. It's a serious flaw.

0 Kudos