cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

speedbleeder
Adept II

Black screen after updating Radeon software.

Hey,

New here but not to the AMD scene, so yesterday i attempted to update my drivers from radeon crimson 17.2.1, (for some reason this version doesn't do auto updates??), so i downloaded 19.1.1, and did the usual AMD cleaner and DDU clean in safe mode, rebooted started the driver install all went well, promoted to restart so hit restart, on start-up was normal with the windows loading screen then when it transitions to the login window the screen stays blank, left it for awhile in hope that it might comeback, restarted a few times just to be sure, tried all ports currently using DVI as i always have. long story short had to turn off the computer and force safe mode and use the AMD and DDU cleaner to remove, when the computer restarts all is working well.

Then attempted version 18.12.2, 18.7.1, 18.6.1, 18.2.2, same for all these, and yes between each try i used the AMD cleaner and DDU cleaner (i also opted for DDU claner to remove the C:AMD folder, and have windows not install device drivers)

So currently i have Radeon Crimson 17.2.1 installed once again as it works, computer has been on and off heaps of times to test.

Specs

ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer

AMD A10 7850K

MSI RX 480 8GB (waiting for the new RX series)

HyperX Savage 2133 DD3 4x8GB

BenQ XL2720Z (yes drivers are installed)

Any help would be appreciated, up until now i have had no problems it games perfect, never blacked out blue screened not a single issue.

33 Replies