cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Black screen after updating Radeon drivers to anything post 17.9.1

I've had a few cracks with technical support to try and fix this issue but since I bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 and it requires me to update my drivers, I am really wanting a solution. I have an RX 480 8GB graphics card and I have not been able to update my drivers past 17.9.1 for as long as I've had it.I have updated Windows and BIOS (5007) to the most recent versions. Upon updating to the newest drivers, my screen goes black, both monitors lose signal, but my computer remains on. When I restart it, my second monitor gets past the BIOS screen but fails to reach the Windows login page. My second monitor usually turns green for a few seconds before losing signal. To fix this, I have to boot into Safe Mode and then use DDU to uninstall the drivers that do not work. I then restart my computer and reinstall the 17.9.1 drivers. I have no idea what the issue is and no one really seems to know either. I have seen a few posts about this issue but none have a solution that I have seen. Any help would be much appreciated,

Relevant Specs:

Ryzen 5 1600   

ASUS PRIME B350 PLUS

Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4GB

MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB Gaming X 

0 Likes
0 Replies