Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dani_ug
Adept I

black screen after new drivers

Hello

I have a MSI A88X - G45 gaming motherboard, and a shaphire R9 280 graphics card with W10 64 Pro 16Gb Ram.

Since a long time had pass since I last updated my amd drivers I tried a while ago. It installed without any problem and after the reboot and the Welcome Screen from windows --> screen goes complete black.

I had to go and boot into safe mode, uninstall the drivers and then after that, run with the W10 default ones, because when I tried to install the same ones I had before I got a 182 Error.

It does not matter wich version I tried. From 18.2.1 feb 7 onwards always got the same 182 error.

I've read what that error is and tried what it recommends for it and no dice.

I don't know what to do. The only drivers I can install 18.5.1 and 18.6.1both in adrenalin and minimal setup version make my screen black, and nothing prior to those two seems to work anymore (when, in fact had worked in the past no problem)

Should I go back and try the 17 branch?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

0 Likes
2 Replies
khenio
Adept I

Same, once you installed 18.5+ drivers, you'll need to reinstall your whole Windows Installation, even if you DDU + AMD's Clean Install utility in safe mode, you will still black screen. Then use an older driver like 18.2 and NEVER update your AMD driver again till this problem is fixed.

0 Likes

I've been lucky, well sort of.

18.6.1 almost works. I mean, I can browse the internet and do basic stuff and it works. If you try playing games (in my case mostly EU4) the computer will reboot itself. no warning no nothing just reboot.

Tried the last ones also (a couple of days ago 18.7.1 came out) and still the same problem. completely black screen.

0 Likes