cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

spies
Adept I

Black Screen after installing Drives has solution?

Good morning guys,

I'm Brazilian, I have an "XFX AMD R9 270x 2GB", I had to format my PC and reinstall Windows 7, after that when I install the video card drive on the next reboot is all black, I searched the internet looking for a solution, but I found nothing concrete , does this have a solution? I've done everything, installed old drivers, removed keys in regedit and the problem persists. Has anyone solved this or should I throw the card in the trash?

Processor:. AMD FX 8350
Motherboard:. ASUS M5A97 EVO
Memory: 16GB Kingston
Hard Disk. SSD 120GB Kingston

Thank you, all help will be most welcome.

7 Replies

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes

As I've tried everything, it doesn't hurt to try this. After updating windows 7 with all possible updates, I will answer here!
Thank you for your attention.

0 Likes

Just leaving my testimony, I installed Windows 7 again and waited for all the updates, when I had none left to do I installed the video card drive and continued the same way, made two attempts with the updated drive and the old drive (Non -WHQL-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.8.2-Win7-64Bit-Aug24). I will try a few more things here, but if it doesn't solve AMD ever again.

0 Likes

I have a R9 290X with Win7 and have had no issues at all with any of the new updates. Have you tried a clean install of the latest drivers? https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-200-series/amd-radeon-r9-... 

https://community.amd.com/thread/180667 

0 Likes

I  have an R9 290X too. When I update to win10 1909, the system is stuck, and the boot is black screen.

0 Likes

I found the likely solution of this "black screen" is a reballing on bga, a rebound on the gpu of the board. It costs something around 15% of the value of the card, in my case I will not do, I will buy another VGA this time from Nvidia and goodbye AMD.
But check on youtube about "reballing bga".

0 Likes

windows 10 is not nearly as bad as windows 7 for video bugs

0 Likes