cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

golfjam
Journeyman III

Black screen after installing 19.7.1 for RX 5700 XT

Just got the card and screen went black when installing driver. Waited 15min and still black. Turned off computer, turned on and screen goes black again on Windows 10 login. Reinstalled my previous card, ran DDU in safe mode to clean everything, swapped card again and same thing happened again during installation. Any ideas or is it just bad launch drivers? PC runs fine with R9 290X and GTX 1660 TI. 

0 Likes
8 Replies
hehos12
Adept I

Hi where you able to solve it? Running in to the same problem with an RX 5700

0 Likes

Might be your psu, im running my thermaltake litepower 650w until my bitfenix whisper m 550w 80+ gold arrives, hoping that that will solve the issue

0 Likes

Its not, tried on 1200w thermaltake and got a 850w corsair to make sure. My

previous card is r9 290x and never had a crash before it crapped out.

0 Likes

My computer screen has both an HDMI and a DVI port, as a last resort i

switched from HDMI to DVI with an adapter to HDMI

and guess what it worked. No more black screen.

0 Likes
thann
Adept I

Same problem . Trying 4 different Adrenalin software always same. Could not succesful install AmD driver . When i go to Safe mode i delete driver to standard graphic card using ddu and then go back to normal trying other ver of AMD always going to Black screen and could not use IT. Very nice AMD . 3 says fighting with graphic driver

0 Likes

My computer screen has both an HDMI and a DVI port, as a last resort i

switched from HDMI to DVI and guess what it worked. No more black screen.

Op zaterdag 17 augustus 2019 schreef thann <amd-external@jiveon.com>:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: Black screen after installing 19.7.1 for RX 5700 XT in *Drivers &

Software*

Surprisingly that did the trick. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

I was faced with the same problem.

The graphics card showed UEFI and safe mode, but showed a black screen with a driver.

The RX 5700 is very sensitive to the quality and tolerances of the computer case.

In my case, this was due to the contact between the graphics card and the motherboard. Graphic card was installed in the slot unevenly.

Try to remove the motherboard from the chassis, install the graphics card in it and run it.

To solve this problem, I had to:
* Put the washers between the motherboard and the case
* Fasten the card with the bolt not through the standard hole, but fasten the card using the bolt with a wide hat using one hole lower.

0 Likes