cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jorge0213
Adept I

black screen after 5 - 10 min of use

my pc get a black screen after a few minutes of use faster if i open a game the fans go loud and  the screen turn black and after 5 seconds the sound stop but it look like the computer is on sometimes it restart by it self the temperature look normal when i start playing but when i get the black screen i touched the graphic card is burning hot, when i try to turn it on when black screen happened and it turn on but give no video and the cpu fan dont turn on for like 4-5 tries anyone know what can be causing the problem could it be the psu?

Pc Specs

Amd phenom ii x4 965 be

xfx r9 380 dd

corsair cx750m

12 gb ram

windows 10 64 bits

0 Likes
1 Solution
ghen
Adept I

i can confirm this, while not the burning gpu part, since its only 60c or so when the screen getting dark, turn off, and the system freeze and crash, i can somewhat confirm its the newest driver, since the problem occur just after i install the newest driver, THANK GOD the system restore works, already used the computer about 2 hours with no problem at all, even tho theres also no amd driver running on the tray

system
cpu : intel i5 6600

gpu : AMD R9 390 sapphire

ram : 16GB

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ghen
Adept I

i can confirm this, while not the burning gpu part, since its only 60c or so when the screen getting dark, turn off, and the system freeze and crash, i can somewhat confirm its the newest driver, since the problem occur just after i install the newest driver, THANK GOD the system restore works, already used the computer about 2 hours with no problem at all, even tho theres also no amd driver running on the tray

system
cpu : intel i5 6600

gpu : AMD R9 390 sapphire

ram : 16GB

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Sounds like it could be a faulty PSU.

What temperature is the GPU reaching? I do not recommend touching it, it's perfectly normal for it to be hot.

Have you tried a Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers ?

Please try setting the GPU Power Limit to +50% in Wattman and click Apply.