cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

LamNG7
Adept I

Black screen after 10min of gameplay

Hello everyone I bought my PC 2 months ago and from the start I experienced a lot of issues that has been fixed. The problem is, the black screen issue is still there.

When I start my PC and launch a game, 10 min after playing by screen shows a blackscreen and my PC reboots.

Here's my PC specs:

CPU : Ryzen 5 3600

GPU : PowerColor RX 5700 XT drivers : 20.8.3

RAM : 16GB DDR4 3000MHz from HyperX

0 Likes
4 Replies
KEYS
Adept I

i was having the same problem with my 580 after a fresh build. It would happen unsuspectingly and not during any heavy GPU usage such as gaming. The fans would trigger full speed and the pc would reset.

0 Likes

Urrrh that sucks can't even enjoy a game session without having any crashes.. 

0 Likes

Same issue with a newly acquired r7 240 2gb. Sometimes i could play in full graphics for almost 8 hours, browsing and all without the problem, but most of the times, one hour after initiating pc got the black screen without high usage. Almost a month trying everything, DDU and a bunch of driver versions, Tdrdelay at regedit, reducing core clock, adjusting fan and power setting in the amd software, installing driver without the software, no results until now, in fact it got worse today, when the black screen keeps happening while i try to install the driver, so i'm using the onboard graphics till find de solution....

0 Likes

I don't know the fix for black screen crashes and then system reboot, but if you suffer from black screen crashes / freezes to desktop when gaming then I have a fix that always works for me.

Read this post:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/graphics-card-issues/m-p/442325/highlight/true#M138300

0 Likes