Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

johan88
Journeyman III

Black Screen 5700 XT

Hi,

I'm getting a black screen when I play certain games (EuroAion ; an mmorpg). 

I downloaded all the latest drivers but I still cannot alter any graphs ingame ; set settings to windowed ; or even alt+tab without getting a black screen for the game. 

I can still hear the game playing in the background though.

Has anyone experienced this issue? I read upon several articles displaying the same issue with this GPU

GPU: Radeon 5700 XT

Many thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

Change your PSU first.

0 Likes
landolf
Adept I

Would be good to know what the rest of your rig is.

Had the same problem, sometimes there was still sound, but mostly it was just screens turning black and an instant reboot.

After changing GPU for another custom 5700 xt, changing PSU to a 750 platinum and every tweak I could find (updated Windows, GPU drivers, reinstall drivers without setting any profile when installing and many more), I contacted AMD and told them what my problem was. 

For me, the solution was to change my memory. I have the 3800 xt which safely supports up to 3200 MHz, I was using 3600 MHz memory. After changing it in my bios to 3200 MHz, it was stable and the crashes were gone. I then changed to a 2x8 GB cl14 G.Skill Flare X (F4-3200C14D-16GFX) kit, got the timings a little tighter 14-14-13-28, so it was still safe according to DRAM Calculator for Ryzen. I even overclocked the GPU a little now, haven't had any problems since.

I hope that helps!

0 Likes
jaym
Journeyman III

I am also getting the black screen and my computer freezes randomly.  My system specs:

AMD Graphics Card
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6
Desktop - PowerSpec G358
Windows 10 64bit
Driver version installed
E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
Display Devices - Multiple monitors, most recently ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A ; DisplayPort 1.2 (2560x1440) @ 165Hz

Motherboard + Bios Revision
ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming 4/AX, P1.30A
Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590
Power Supply Unit 600 Watt

Amount of memory installed; 32GB

Describe your issue:

Screen goes blank and system freezes randomly

I have tried the latest driver and also rolled it back to 19.10.2

0 Likes