Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bwax687
Journeyman III

Black Missing Texture in-game

5700xt user.
I play this game, Tales of Vesperia on steam.  Every time I'm battling on a type of surface that allows for cracks (game will apply cracks on the floor when you use certain skills) the entire floor goes black except for the area where the crack is applied. 

I have no idea what else I can do. I've tried so many different fixes, none of them work. 

I've tried
- Reinstalling the game on different drives

- Verifying game integrity on steam

- Updated VC redistributables & .NET 

- Using previous drivers as well as the newest drivers for my 5700xt.

- Turning off settings in adrenaline and in-game to as low as they go, or off if possible. 
Only time I don't have this problem is when i'm in Safe Mode. 

I'm not the only one with this card, who's had this issue with this game. Other people on steam have reported the same problem, never had this issue on my rx580 so i'm quite certain that the issue is this card. Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition 9_18_2020 3_05_07 AM.png

If anyone has some advice on how to fix this problem, i'm open to it. It's unfortunate cause my only issue with this card is this game, it does very well in all other titles I throw at it. Hope to find a fix.

0 Likes
5 Replies
mickeekung
Challenger

Please provide more information

What is your window 10 version? What is your AMD software driver version?

0 Likes

Using Windows 10 Home Version: 2004 Os Build: 19041.508

My Amd Driver i'm using is 20.9.1

0 Likes

Can you try reinstall 20.9.2 and try again?

0 Likes

Yep, tried that one already and still the same issue persists. 

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

If this screen is visible after a while of gaming, there is a problem with the GPU video memory. An immediate obvious error is driver error...

0 Likes