cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mottoman216
Adept III

Bioshock-infinite stutter fest with 270x 2gb (Crossfired or not)

Bioshock - infinite
it's almost unplayable. no matter the settings i select,  i get these horrible hitching / stutters. all my other games play perfect except for this one. it doesn't matter if crossfire is enabled or not. it's does this with low, normal or high quality settings also.

Windows 10 pro 64bit

FX8350 4.0ghz

8gb DDR3 1600mhz

XFX R9-270X-CDFC (x2 in crossfire) @ stock clocks <<<<< i've tried with a single gpu, no difference.

Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0

OCZ ZT-Series PSU 750 watts

Crimson 15.11.1

Note: same happens with 15.11. i have tried doing a clean install of drivers using AMD Uninstall Utility, i've tried setting the "Texture Filter Quality" to high performance. i tried turning off AA, i've tried the many .ini tweaks suggested online to no avail!!! i cannot get rid of this stuttering. i'm starting to think it's a driver issue.

0 Likes
6 Replies
john007
Exemplar

Re: Bioshock-infinite stutter fest with 270x 2gb (Crossfired or not)

Hello,

You may need to increase power consumption to the GPU using Afterburner. Maybe try increasing the core speed/memory/voltage? Benchmark the unit for stability issues and monitor temps and such. Maybe try out the 15.7.1 drivers? I myself are using the 15.7.1 drivers at the moment with the Fury X. Hope this helps.

mottoman216
Adept III

i've benchmarked the cards and they passed Furmark & also passed unigine valley / heaven. played them each for an hour. the max GPU temp was 70c on GPU 1 and 65c on cpu2. i then overclocked both GPU's to 1100/1400 +20 on the power limit and ran all the tests again and they passed. 74c / 68c during Furmark. Unigine Valley score - 2601. Not stuttering or anything. it's only Bioshock that gives me this issue. i'm convinced it's a driver issue with windows 10 as i didn't have this issue last time i played the game months ago on windows 8.1.

Where can i find 15.7.1?

0 Likes
john007
Exemplar

Hello,

Download the 15.7.1 driver from the link I have provided and test out the application once more to confirm. Post back your findings if you can. Hope this helps.

AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 Driver Download

0 Likes
mottoman216
Adept III

i clicked on the link and it took me to guru3d. i clicked on the download link for my OS (Windows 10 64bit) it did the normal "Wait 5 seconds for the download to begin" but then all the sudden it just forwards me to AMD's driver webpage to download crimson 15.11. it doesn't download 15.7.1.

0 Likes
john007
Exemplar

0 Likes
mottoman216
Adept III

Okay, so i did a clean driver install using AMD Clean Uninstaller utility. launched Bioshock infinite and the stutter is gone. well at least 95% of it anyway. However, performance drop was signifigant, Crossfire performance seems to have dropped also. it was way smoother gameplay on 15.11 in general except for the hitching. There is also this weird Box under my player now that seems follow me and renders shadows and other things more clearly. it looks horrible. especially when you're moving! even though this fixed the stuttering in this game i don't think i can stick with these drivers. I'll post some pictures below to somewhat explain what i mean. you can clearly see a line where shadows and textures are clean on one side and blurry on the other. it's in the shape of a big box. i've noticed it in the witcher 3 now also.

bioshock1.PNGbioshock2.PNG

0 Likes