cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

BEST GLOBAL WATTMAN SETTINGS for my RX 580?

My 580 crashing in the majority of my games.. I tried everything.

Someone can help me?

0 Likes
9 Replies
amdfreak01
Adept III

Best settings for what? Overclocking? Undervolting? Whats the manufacturer of your card? 

0 Likes

Is a ASRock Phantom Gaming D.

I don't know, it crashing in games like CSGO, NFS Most Wanted 2012, Just Cause 3.. so I want some stable configuration for my Wattman.

0 Likes

That's not a graphics card. Its a motherboard. You'd first have to tell why your games are crashing. One thing you can do is type into cortana "reliability history". Then check for the crash report and look for what actually crashed. Usually a DLL or something will popup.  Copy to clipboard and paste any relevant errors you're getting.

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

It's definitely a video card. Maybe try undervolting it by 10mV and see if that helps? I'd advise looking at the temps on your card to see if it's overheating first. Then if it is...ramp up your fan profile and/or undervolt.vid card.jpg

0 Likes

OH my bad. I guess it is. Same thing holds though. Theres no real way to be able to know if its the GC or not. Temperatures are a good place to start though, but checking reliability history to see what crashed would also be able to differentiate between crashes from the grahpics system vs somewhere else.

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

To monitor your temps while playing use the radeon overlay (default hotkey Cntl+R) and turn on Performance monitoring (default hotkey Cntl+O). 

0 Likes

it's a graphic card haha. I fixed the problem deactivating the MSI services of my motherboard (like Gaming-App for example), and I don't know if it was for that or for activate the virtual memory.. 

Now, the games are playable without lag or crashes. 

Anyway, how can I set up the temperature-curve in Wattman? Because in games like Apex or NFS MW 2012 the GPU reaches the 73°C.

I have a thread for this problem (crashes), but is in Spanish.

0 Likes

Yeah i didn't realize as rock made them. My mistake. I see as rock and i instantly think motherboard.  Virtual memory shouldn't have to be activated. Unless you mean the page file. 

Did you type reliability history into cortana? That should tell you what was causing the crashes.

Setting temperature curves are easy. Just goto radeon settings, cllick gaming, then click GLOBAL SETTINGS, then click global wattman. The temperature curve is near the bottom. 

Max temperatures for that card should be is 85, which is at the upper end of the fan curve. So staying below that is fine. I keep my card from 70-75 degrees for all games (i have an XFX RX 580). If you're worried about it, you can UNDERVOLT the card. Try setting the voltages manually to 1.110 for the upper end of the frequency curve for the OVERCLOCK. If your games start to crash or develop graphics glitches, try upping it to 1.120. Mine are 1.150, so downing it helps a lot w/ the temperatures.

0 Likes
bubblewarrior
Journeyman III

my gpu is red dragon 8gb, undervolt phase 7 to 1005 with wattman version 19.2, now its temp decrease from 85c(stock) to 67c full load, maybe i can get better results if i change fan curve too. btw i use stock fan (mATX case with 3 fan, 2 in 1 out) my room temp is around 29c.

note: tested with far cry 5 ultra settings 2 hours game

0 Likes