Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

edlanmusic
Journeyman III

Behringer X-Touch USB Driver issues

Hey

Since my new ryzen 3900x build I cannot get my Behringer X-Touch to detect and giving me a "Code 10 insufficient system resources exist to complete the api" error in device manager.

I have tried all USB ports, reinstalling drivers, updating AMD chipset drivers and did a BIOS update but nothing seems to work.

Also, I saw on the Behringer forum that other people who are using Ryzen and the X-Touch seem to encounter the same issue. Behringer tech support confirmed there are compatibility issues with AMD.

Made screenshots of my specs.

38 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

If the hardware you are trying to run is compatible with Windows you are using, and it is very important to use this hardware, you should purchase a USB controller that uses a PCI port like this...
A1DS_1317446814321804508rW256o7oW.jpg
Note: I can't guarantee that this kind of product will work.

0 Likes

I have the same problem with a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X. In the end I just installed a cheap 4 port PCIe USB 3 add-in card and everything now working fine.

I wonder what it is that is making a *UNIVERSAL* serial bus so incompatable?

0 Likes

The work around I have found to work perfectly so far in Reaper and Harrison Mixbus is to bypass the USB altogether and  just use the LAN port and use this to set up the RTP MIDI protocal.  https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html

0 Likes

Thanks for this. I have the same problem with my Asrock x570m pro4 Mainboard. I can't install a PCIe card because I have only one slot wich is covered by the cooling blocks of my graphics card. Hey Asrock, great architecture !!! Maybe a riser would help, I have to figure this out.

This workaround helps me out. But unfortunately it takes away the possibility to switch the xtouch between X Air control and DAW control. The xctrl/MC Mode is not usable, because the X Air is controlled via Ethernet while the DAW MUST be connected via USB. Both via Ethernet is not possible.

So if you want to switch, you have to shut down the X-Touch and boot it (with pressed Select on Track 1) into the other mode. This is not acceptable. Is there any hope that this problem will be fixed?               

0 Likes
stefano91
Adept I

I have the same problem with the difference that I have a 3700x processor.

it's not acceptable that it is not recognized with hardware of this level.
I need this device to work, otherwise my new PC is useless.

0 Likes

stefano91 wrote:

I have the same problem with the difference that I have a 3700x processor.

it's not acceptable that it is not recognized with hardware of this level.
I need this device to work, otherwise my new PC is useless.

I looked at your unit and it is rather old so it may be that it cannot handle the USB 3.2 on the X570 motherboard.

I use Avid which did not even hit the radar with that unit suggesting it is not industry standard. 

Nobody uses MIDI anymore and professional hardware uses SDI connections.

0 Likes

thank you for your reply but unfortunately this does not solve my problem.
I use it as a control surface also for other devices.

MIDI has always been used as a standard combined with makie control and HUI emulation.
the USB 3.2 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
The latest intel processors have no such problems and even the previous ryzen generation only the new x570 motherboard so i think it's a chipset driver problem or BIOS.

stefano91 wrote:

thank you for your reply but unfortunately this does not solve my problem.
I use it as a control surface also for other devices.

MIDI has always been used as a standard combined with makie control and HUI emulation.
the USB 3.2 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
The latest intel processors have no such problems and even the previous ryzen generation only the new x570 motherboard so i think it's a chipset driver problem or BIOS.

I use MSI and their update tool finds chipset drivers and more

which motherboard do you have

0 Likes

"Nobody uses midi anymore" hahha this guy. Are you active in the music industry mate? Midi is everywhere, everybody uses midi. 

remembermewell wrote:

"Nobody uses midi anymore" hahha this guy. Are you active in the music industry mate? Midi is everywhere, everybody uses midi. 

even the venerable old turntable has sprouted USB on them

mixing boards I use have Firewire on them to allow for digital recording

0 Likes

even the venerable old turntable has sprouted USB on them

There is something called midi over usb?

mixing boards I use have Firewire on them to allow for digital recording

Again, mixing boards are not meant to have midi. Some have them as an added bonus, but its not their main purpose. Midi is for synthesis. Controlling modular or soft/hardware synths. Midi is for controlling a daw. I could go on...

I think you don't understand what midi is, what it's main purpose is. The examples you give are devices that don't do what midi is meant for.

0 Likes

I have seen MIDI USB cables, never tried one as the keyboard I have is USB and it works with the software I use now.

0 Likes
stefano91
Adept I

I have gigabyte aorus elite x570 with amd ryzen 3700x

0 Likes

stefano91 wrote:

I have gigabyte aorus elite x570 with amd ryzen 3700x

check to see if the BIOS is updated and also for chipset drivers

0 Likes

I updated everything, I also tried the beta of bios without success.

0 Likes

Behringer tech support confirmed there are compatibility issues with AMD.

If Behringer Tech themselves mentioned there are compatibility issues doesn't that suggest that it is up to Behringer to come up with a driver that will make it compatible with AMD. Or at least cooperate with AMD to come up with a solution to the incompatibilities. That error you got can indicate incompatible hardware connected.

From Microsoft thread:

A couple of website mentioned to delete the Higher and Lower Filters in Registry to fix the problem such as these websites:  windows 10 - USB Driver - This device cannot start. (Code 10) - Insufficient system resources exist ... 

Also this tech website: https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/118177-insufficient-system-resources-exist-complete-api.h... 

Finally this website APPAULS give some similar tips on resolving the same error: Fix: Insufficient System Resources Exist to Complete the Api Xbox Controller - Appuals.com  (Note: Don't download their "Recommended" Software to fix. it is basically a scam but the info is legit).

0 Likes

thanks for the help but unfortunately does not work.

0 Likes

You might want to post your problem at this Music Tech site. Seems like many people are having similar issues with Ryzen 3xxxx processors : https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Recording/X-Touch-driver-issue-with-Windows-10-update-1903/td-p/...

This User at the above mentioned link said he found a work around. May be it might work for you also:

This User couldn't find a solution to X-touch at AMD so he posted a thread at Microsoft Forums: PnP device showing Driver Error with Code 10 in Device Manager - Microsoft Community 

This is what the Microsoft Moderator suggested to do:

Note: Don't know if you have seen these threads or websites before or not. But if you haven't they may have some temp. solutions.

0 Likes
studio272
Journeyman III

I also encounter the same problem with my Asus tuf gaming x570 mainboard with a Ryzen x3700. I am using the Qcon Icon Pro X controller instead of the behringer x-touch. Also get the same usb issues.

I'm using the latest driver and bios. I tried several workarounds in the registry (found online). Plugged a usb hub. Nothing worked. Also a new installation of windows 10 pro doesn't work because I had the windows 10 pro "n" (no media pack) version. (Then I plugged the controller as the first usb device). Still no success.

Someone got it fixed yet?

My final try will be a usb pci-x controller. Not sure if I should try a usb 2.0 controller or a 3.0...let's see if this works.

0 Likes

Good news! I bought a delock pci-x usb 3.0 controller and it works with my Qcon Icon Pro X controller. I don't even had to install any drivers for the USB controller. I just plugged my Icon Pro X and it works instantly. No USB code 10 error anymore.

Delock Produkte 89363 Delock PCI Express Karte > 4 x extern USB 3.0 

So glad that it works with my new DAW. I think this should also help with your Behringer X-Touch.

0 Likes

I said that before... Hopefully it will work properly... USB voltage was not enough. The new controller will have the power to regulate the voltage (5V).

0 Likes

I have noticed some USB front panel boxes now use SATA power to add more current for device charging.

0 Likes
adamg15
Journeyman III

Just chiming in to say I have the same issue. Asus TUF x570 motherboard, AMD Ryzen 3900X and Behringer X-Touch One. None of the USB ports worked. Upgraded from an Asus TUF 450 board with an older Ryzen CPU and didn't have any issues.

0 Likes

adamg15 wrote:

Just chiming in to say I have the same issue. Asus TUF x570 motherboard, AMD Ryzen 3900X and Behringer X-Touch One. None of the USB ports worked. Upgraded from an Asus TUF 450 board with an older Ryzen CPU and didn't have any issues.

check the device manager and see if it is showing a code 10 error

0 Likes

Yep, it is.

0 Likes

I am now aware that there is a BIOS but that affects USB.

Until this bug is fixed you are stuck to move devices around in the hope that some layout will work.

0 Likes

I bought this cheap card and it works fine. Definitely a bug with the AMD chipset.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W82SV3V 

0 Likes

adamg15 wrote:

I bought this cheap card and it works fine. Definitely a bug with the AMD chipset.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W82SV3V 

I have PCIe cards for a wide range of legacy devices. One USB card I have has dual internal connectors for supporting more front panel boxes.The other card has one internal and several bracket ports. Now PCIe cards are available with USB-C ports.

7 USB 2.0 ports on the front panel with one cable, the box has a built in USB hub. So it's possible to charge devices as power is provided for BCC 1.2 charging. My USB 3.1 front box has one USB-C and 3 USB-A ports so I have everything covered.

0 Likes
richardberg
Journeyman III

I had the same problem connecting a Behringer X-Touch to an ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus.  It worked previously with an Ivy Bridge mobo (Dell XPS 8500).

Good news: I can report that the FebSmart FS-U4-Pro works!  I suspect other brands based on the RENESAS NEC chipset would work as well.

Updating to the latest BIOS did not work.  In fact, it cause my PC to no longer boot!  Not recommended unless you want to spend an afternoon debugging NVMe compatibility modes and reprogramming all your fan curves.

0 Likes
gianlcozza
Adept I

Same issue installing USB MIDI controllers with AMD Ryzen 5 3600X and Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi.

0 Likes

I have also had issued with USB MIDI audio, turns out they work with XP and Vista but more recent variants of Windows are not working.

0 Likes

I can add the Ryzen 7 3800X,  and the MSI MEG x570 Unify MB to the list of incompatible hardware with the X-Touch. Going to try a PCIe USB hub like others have. I'll update with the results.

-

Duckman33

0 Likes

Well since we can't edit posts, I have confirmed a PCIe USB hub fixes the issue. I can now use my $600 paper weight for what I bought it for. Thanks guys for the suggestions, you got me up and running with my X-Touch. 

0 Likes
Aldaviva
Journeyman III

This is also affecting my Behringer X-Touch Extender when connected to a computer with a Ryzen 3900X and ASRock X570 Taichi motherboard with AMD chipset drivers 2.10.13.408 (from 2020-10-19) and BIOS 3.80 (AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 V2 1.1.0.0 patch D from 2020-12-08). It's the same error message, "This device cannot start. (Code 10) Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API."

The same X-Touch Extender device works fine with an Intel i5-6600K in an ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, as well as with an Intel NUC with an i5-5300U.

0 Likes

The AMD-related X-touch USB Code 10 bug on Windows is fixed with the 1.21 firmware (I just tried it on my Ryzen 3950x / x570 setup): Behringer | Downloads

Thanks very much @_gl, I didn't notice that download before. I was also able to upgrade my X-Touch Extender and get it working with my X570-based computer.

The second page of the PDF in the firmware ZIP file has the steps to install the upgrade. If you're using MIDI-OX for step 4, you have to go to Options > MIDI Devices and highlight the "X-Touch-Ext" entries and click OK. Then go to Actions > Send > SysEx File and select the .syx file.

0 Likes

Np, I hadn't seen it posted in a few threads across Google, and so nearly missed it myself.  It's pretty recent.  Note that the release notes only mention Ryzen 4000 and 5000, but it also worked on my 3950x / X570 setup.  Ryzen 4000 and 3000 are both based on Zen2 so it makes sense, but they should have listed it.

0 Likes