Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

edlanmusic
Journeyman III

Behringer X-Touch USB Driver issues

Hey

Since my new ryzen 3900x build I cannot get my Behringer X-Touch to detect and giving me a "Code 10 insufficient system resources exist to complete the api" error in device manager.

I have tried all USB ports, reinstalling drivers, updating AMD chipset drivers and did a BIOS update but nothing seems to work.

Also, I saw on the Behringer forum that other people who are using Ryzen and the X-Touch seem to encounter the same issue. Behringer tech support confirmed there are compatibility issues with AMD.

Made screenshots of my specs.

Tags (4)
38 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Re: Behringer X-Touch USB Driver issues

If the hardware you are trying to run is compatible with Windows you are using, and it is very important to use this hardware, you should purchase a USB controller that uses a PCI port like this...
A1DS_1317446814321804508rW256o7oW.jpg
Note: I can't guarantee that this kind of product will work.

0 Kudos
stefano91
Adept I

I have the same problem with the difference that I have a 3700x processor.

it's not acceptable that it is not recognized with hardware of this level.
I need this device to work, otherwise my new PC is useless.

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

stefano91 wrote:

I have the same problem with the difference that I have a 3700x processor.

it's not acceptable that it is not recognized with hardware of this level.
I need this device to work, otherwise my new PC is useless.

I looked at your unit and it is rather old so it may be that it cannot handle the USB 3.2 on the X570 motherboard.

I use Avid which did not even hit the radar with that unit suggesting it is not industry standard. 

Nobody uses MIDI anymore and professional hardware uses SDI connections.

0 Kudos
stefano91
Adept I

thank you for your reply but unfortunately this does not solve my problem.
I use it as a control surface also for other devices.

MIDI has always been used as a standard combined with makie control and HUI emulation.
the USB 3.2 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
The latest intel processors have no such problems and even the previous ryzen generation only the new x570 motherboard so i think it's a chipset driver problem or BIOS.

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

stefano91 wrote:

thank you for your reply but unfortunately this does not solve my problem.
I use it as a control surface also for other devices.

MIDI has always been used as a standard combined with makie control and HUI emulation.
the USB 3.2 is backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
The latest intel processors have no such problems and even the previous ryzen generation only the new x570 motherboard so i think it's a chipset driver problem or BIOS.

I use MSI and their update tool finds chipset drivers and more

which motherboard do you have

0 Kudos
stefano91
Adept I

I have gigabyte aorus elite x570 with amd ryzen 3700x

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

stefano91 wrote:

I have gigabyte aorus elite x570 with amd ryzen 3700x

check to see if the BIOS is updated and also for chipset drivers

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

Behringer tech support confirmed there are compatibility issues with AMD.

If Behringer Tech themselves mentioned there are compatibility issues doesn't that suggest that it is up to Behringer to come up with a driver that will make it compatible with AMD. Or at least cooperate with AMD to come up with a solution to the incompatibilities. That error you got can indicate incompatible hardware connected.

From Microsoft thread:

A couple of website mentioned to delete the Higher and Lower Filters in Registry to fix the problem such as these websites:  windows 10 - USB Driver - This device cannot start. (Code 10) - Insufficient system resources exist ... 

Also this tech website: https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/118177-insufficient-system-resources-exist-complete-api.h... 

Finally this website APPAULS give some similar tips on resolving the same error: Fix: Insufficient System Resources Exist to Complete the Api Xbox Controller - Appuals.com  (Note: Don't download their "Recommended" Software to fix. it is basically a scam but the info is legit).

0 Kudos
stefano91
Adept I

I updated everything, I also tried the beta of bios without success.

0 Kudos