cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AnnTakamaki
Adept I

Bayonetta the game in steam dont launch

hello i have issue to launch the game the files are all fine i triple check those and the game dont turn on after i press play. i use an ryzen 5900x and an rx 6900xt so obviously my hardware can run a 2009 game but for some reason my gpu glitch and the windows desktop resolution laggs and i have to reset it...... so i am sure the issue is with the gpu drivers since it works fine with the other games please amd check it 

2 Replies
JinMail
Journeyman III

I have the same problem.

It has seemingly something to do with amdxn32.dll according to Windows 10 Event Viewer. Even though I bought it yesterday thank to the Steam winter sale, amdxn32.dll is always and permanently causing the crash of Beyonetta on launching.

I have also tried the followings. The each of them broght me no solution :

• File check in the "Property" menu in the library of the Steam client
  • Reinstalling the newest version of DirexctX 
  • Manually installing DirectX 9c
  • (Re)installing all of the available Visual C++ versions
  • Starting the Bayonette.exe with Windows Administrator rights 
  • Starting the exe in the compatibility mode
  • Starting the exe in the "offline mode" of Steam
  • Starting the game via AMD Adrenalin
  • Moving the install directory via the Steam client

All of those have the same result - Black Screen > White Screen > Crash, and an error of "amdxn32.dll". 

I think this can only be fixed through AMD's effort and with an effectual driver update.

0 Likes
JinMail
Journeyman III

Found a solution

To do this, you need to downgrade your Radeon Adrenalin to 21.8.1. But you can roll back to the newest Adrenalin version again after launching the game and changing the resolution.

1. Export Adrenalin settings in [Settings] > [System] and save it.

2. Download Adrenalin 21.8.1 from a website like Guru3d.com which archives driver versions. You can google it with such words like "Adrenalin 21.8.1 guru3d" and install it.

3. After restarting the PC, launch the game.

4. In the options menu of the game, change the resolution to your actual monitor resolution and apply it.

5. Exit the game to close it.

6. In [Home] or [System] of Adrenalin, update the driver to the newest (roll back to the newest).

7. After restarting the PC, import the saved settings of step 1.

8. Launch the game.

I'm not sure, but I have the feeling that Radeon Super Resolution should be turned off in the last step.

The point is, Bayonetta starts with 5K resolution at the first launch. Your graphics driver should be capable to adjust the resolution to yours automatically. But the newest of RX 6600 XT fails to do it (I assume RSR has something to do with it. But disabling RSR does not help you).

I have another PC with RX 6500 XT with Adrenalin 22.11.2 (newest). Since I could launch the  game on the PC without the issue, I made an assumption and tried it out, and yes, it succeeded.

0 Likes