cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Battlefield Hardline Mantle Crashing with Adrenalin 18.8.1 driver. Is Mantle still supported at all?

Hi,

Battlefield Hardline Mantle is crashing with Adrenalin 18.8.1 driver on Windows 10 64bit Pro.
Here is the screenshot.

pastedImage_0.png

Mantle API seems to run o.k. for me on Battlefield 4 for ~ 1 hour of game testing.
I understand that Mantle is an old API, but if it is selected, by accident or design, it should not cause the AMD Adrenalin 18.8.1 drivers to crash.

After this crashing I have to download the latest version of DDU and AMD driver. Turn off my router to ensure disconnect from the internet. Uninstall the driver in Control Panel. Search for any trace of WU-CC2 folder or C:\AMD folder on my system to make sure it is not there 'just in case'. Reboot into safe mode. Run DDU in Safe Mode to clear up AMD Driver junk. Reboot, reinstall AMD 18.8.1 drivers again. Turn on my Router, and reboot into normal mode.This process is a waste of my time and is becoming very boring indeed, as Driver Crashes happen too often.

Once the game is set in Mantle, it sometimes just crashes at launch so I cannot even get to the options Menu to turn off Mantle and go back to running Crossfire DX11.
I am pretty sure there is some way to edit the game files to turn off Mantle but that is a pain.

Please talk with EA and remove the Mantle option or fix the problem in the Adrenalin 18.8.1 driver.
Mantle crashing has been reported on BFH on this forum years ago and it still happens.

System tested this time.
MB: Asus Z97 Deluxe.

CPU: i7-4790K @ stock clocks.
GPU1: R9 Fury X.

GPU2: R9 Nano.

SSHD:1TB Seagate.

OS: Windows 10 64bit Pro. All Microsoft System Checks passed before I ran the game, and the Adrenalin 18.8.1 driver was freshly installed.

Thanks.

0 Likes
0 Replies