cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MICROSPAWN
Journeyman III

Battlefield 2042 Direct X Driver Crashes

Is anyone else having Direct X crashes in BF2042. I have a Radeon VII so it has DX12 support. I'm playing at 1440p High 144hz.

My drivers are updated and i had originally DDU the drivers during the beta and tried updating DX12 and i removed my undervolt and left the GPU at stock settings, even saw somewhere that increasing power draw might help, so i had +20 power draw and ramped my fans up to keep up with the temps and was able to play a lil bit longer than normal until Crash #2 happened.

This was the first crash i was getting during beta and during early access last night on release.

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG (*The GPU will not respond to more commands"). GPU: "AMD Radeon VII", Driver 21.11.2  (21.30.33.05-211110a-373547E-RadeonSoftware). This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing, try installing the latest drivers

This was the second crash after trying power draw increase and ramped up the fans

DirectX function *m_devicePlat-> CreateCommittedResource(&heapProps, D3D12__HEAP_NONE, &platDesc, creationState, clearValuePtr, __uuldof(**(&resource)), IID_PPV_ARGS_Helper(&resource))* failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED ("The video card has been physically removed from the system., or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. "). GPU: "AMD Radeon VII", Driver 21.11.2 (21.30.33.05-211110a-373547E-RadeonSoftware). D:\dev\TnT\LocalPackages\RenderCore2\2.04.300-ks\source4\platform\Dx12\ResourceBuilderDx12.cpp. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing, try installing the latest drivers.DeviceRemovedReason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The GPU will not respond to more commands"),

GPUBreadcrumbs: ------ GPU Stopped somewhere near here ------

[   NO  ]-Rc1;:drawFinalADS

Not really sure what is going on, I've tried all sorts of fixes that people had luck with during the beta when this was happening but a lot of them were on cards that were older and didn't support the correct DX12 version.

This is my system specs if that helps. I don't overclock, i only ever undervolt the gpu for cooler temps but i took that off when i started having problems with this game.

MSI MPG x570 Gaming Pro Carbon

Ryzen 5800x

G.skill Flare X 3200mhz cl16 2x16gb

Radeon VII

Corsair hx750 80+ Plat

165 Replies