cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

verte95
Adept II

Re: Battlefield 2042 Direct X Driver Crashes

I have a RX 6900XT and 5900X with the newest Driver 21.11.3 and  also with the new BF2042 Patch but unfortunately there are after a while of gameplay DirectX Funtion errors.

EA are aware of the problem and they will fix it in the next patches. but i have no idea when exactly

Will there be an Driver update  from AMD soon?

0 Likes
verte95
Adept II

Re: Battlefield 2042 Direct X/Driver Crashes

Hi Matt

Neither the new driver 21.11.3 or the newest Battlefield Patch solved the problem.

I have still the problem with radnom Crashes

0 Likes
derbyblue
Adept I

something is happening in the EA Forums.

At least they have reacted to the massive flood of amd graphic card related game crashes when sundance comes in place.

0 Likes
jackwoz
Journeyman III

This actually worked for me. Its not the triple bufferering as mine was already off. But copied the rest of your settings and it has crashed

0 Likes
ryannathans
Adept II

just a heads up unrelated to sundance but still on the radeon vii - disabling hardware acceleration in firefox and discord (or having the apps closed) fixed my random crashes in bf2042

0 Likes
Equation
Journeyman III

I can't understand how you did it,because I haven't installed Firefox and Discord,but I did open Google browser.

In fact, after I shut down the Android simulator, I can change Sundance's skin without triggering DX errors.

I suspect it has something to do with RAM.

(Sorry for my English, because these are all from translation machines   :D)

0 Likes
AngryOwl
Journeyman III

Any updates on a fix for this? It really sucks not being able to play with my friends over the holiday weekend due to some hair.

Does anyone know of a work around?

0 Likes
derbyblue
Adept I

still no workaround! Game crashes nearly every match now.

0 Likes
SnoopyCool
Journeyman III

It’s really frustrating, every 1-3 rounds you fly to the desktop, every now and then you have to restart the computer because the AMD software crashed.

0 Likes
Stirling_Fox
Adept I

I am not sure if this will help anyone but I've been troubleshooting my new system similarly to some here running cpu ryzen 9 5900x and gpu radeon 6900xt.

Something that finally got me some improvement was manually forcing direct x to update.

Game crashed again but in a different way. Uninstalled and reinstalled easy anticheat manually, Managed to play for about 30 mins until a tornado happened in the game. This is the longest I've gotten the game to run since building my pc last week. 

Tried a different game, Destiny 2, and it actually worked. Prior to these changes no game was working for more than 10 mins.

To update directx manually there may be a better way but, this is what I found.

navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010

or wherever your steam folder is and locate the DXSETUP application, run it, and let it do its thing.

0 Likes