cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nintendow131
Journeyman III

B450 Chipset drivers won't install correctly

I upgraded to Windows 11 recently and while the chipset drivers (whether directly from AMD's website or MSI's) seem too install correctly without errors (i. e. it finishes saying everything installed), you can literally see seperate installers closing immediately during the installtion and after a reboot, there is absolute nothing, no Ryzen power plan, no Ryzen Master, nothing. So what happenend?

Edit: Windows 11's apps utility also claims the driver install to be 9.99 MB, which I find highly implausible since the original archive was six times that lol

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you have a look at release notes 'Package Contents' you see only a few changes. The installer will skip to only replacing content with changes, that should explain only 9.99MB.

Ryzen Master is a separate download/install under processor model, Ryzen power plans are not included/required on 5000 series cpu.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you have a look at release notes 'Package Contents' you see only a few changes. The installer will skip to only replacing content with changes, that should explain only 9.99MB.

Ryzen Master is a separate download/install under processor model, Ryzen power plans are not included/required on 5000 series cpu.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
oct2274
Journeyman III

Do not install the lastest chipset drivers from the AMD website if you are using a motherboard with the B450 chipset. It cause all sorts of issues and instability. You can use the last version available or the one from your motherboard manufacturer until they fix the current version.

0 Likes

Not saying you are wrong but I reinstalled win10 last weekend then the newest chipset drivers and had no issues whatsoever.

Msi B450 Tomahawk max, R5 5600.

Windows strikes again! In the past I would reinstall windows every 6 months to a year , I see it's still Necessary to keep your PC running it's best.

0 Likes