cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vidar
Adept I

Avast blocked CNUPDATE.EXE

Avast just blocked AMD_Software_Installer_22.4.1 for reading sensitive data in the cnupdate.exe file. 

0 Likes
2 Solutions
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

cnupdate.exe is not related to AMD software

Make sure you're downloading the AMD graphics driver directly from AMD's website AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

View solution in original post

Thank you for letting me know that CNUPDATE.EXE is not AMD related. What I did to fix this was:

> Open Device Manager
> Select the drop down for "Display Adapters"
> Select the "AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT"
> Select "Disable Device"

Next, I opened up a browser and went to:

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Found the driver for AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
Clicked on Submit

Found my current running version of Windows > Windows 10 - 64bit

Downloaded the following:
Adrenalin 22.4.1 Optional

Next I installed the software and let the Adrenalin software factory reset my driver profile.

After I restarted the machine, I logged on to my admin account and reinstalled the Adrenalin 22.4.1 Optional software.

The application ran and installed the correct driver and finally my machine is working the way that it is intended to.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

cnupdate.exe is not related to AMD software

Make sure you're downloading the AMD graphics driver directly from AMD's website AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Thank you for letting me know that CNUPDATE.EXE is not AMD related. What I did to fix this was:

> Open Device Manager
> Select the drop down for "Display Adapters"
> Select the "AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT"
> Select "Disable Device"

Next, I opened up a browser and went to:

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Found the driver for AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
Clicked on Submit

Found my current running version of Windows > Windows 10 - 64bit

Downloaded the following:
Adrenalin 22.4.1 Optional

Next I installed the software and let the Adrenalin software factory reset my driver profile.

After I restarted the machine, I logged on to my admin account and reinstalled the Adrenalin 22.4.1 Optional software.

The application ran and installed the correct driver and finally my machine is working the way that it is intended to.

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Good to know you got it fixed and thanks for providing the steps to the solution.

I'm sure this happens to many people. I'm happy to help anyway I can.