I got some issues with AUTOCAD after installing the RADEON PRO WX7100 (in place of the Nvidia GTX960), since OS crashes when saving a .dwg file if a pointcloud (whatever) is attached. OS provides an application error involving acad.exe and atidxx64.dll (inside C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository). The error appears when using any AUTOCAD version (2019/20/21) and any AMD ENTERPRISE driver (Q18/Q19/Q20). Instead, when a point cloud is not used, a .dwg is correctly saved; furthermore, when saving as .dxf OS doesn't crash.
These are the tests I've made:
- use AMD drivers certified from Autodesk (https://knowledge.autodesk.com/certified-graphics-hardware)
- install any AUTOCAD update for any AUTOCAD version
- rewrite .dll file as .bak
- format the PC booting from original Win10 DVD
- remove any other software except OS-related ones
- work/save in an external HD instead of internal PCIe M.2
Obviously the gpu is new and original... and, of course, is certified from Autodesk.
I wonder if someone had the same problem and knows how to fix it, I really don't know what else to do.
Thank you in advance!