cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

waltc
Miniboss

Auto-detect 19.9.2...?

I went over a moment ago to check on drivers for my 50th Ann 5700XT and instead of seeing a 19.9.2 driver download, all I saw there was an "auto-install" program of 27mb for Windows 10.  What's the purpose of putting this up instead of the standard full driver download?  I usually like doing it myself and stay away from auto-installers like this because they often goof and sometimes badly.  Is this a new trend for GPU drivers?  I see the chipset driver download includes a driver and not an auto-installer, so what's happening here? I already have 19.9.2 installed, and running the auto-installer it simply "All components are present"--which I knew before I ran the installer. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

its the WHQL varient of 19.9.2 . 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
drallim
Elite

Bit weird, the 19.9.2 package is now dated September 23rd, instead of 12th.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-9-2

0 Likes

its the WHQL varient of 19.9.2 . 

Thanks for the link...what I cannot understand is where you found it....;)  If I go to the usual AMD link I always use, www.amd.com/en/support , and follow the links for my 5700XT (50th Ann), under the Win10 driver section--the 19.9.2 driver isn't there--only a 27mb auto-install program is there. (Same thing for the Win7 drivers--which I don't use.)  There is no link for release notes, like there usually is, as well. 

Now I'm wondering if the page autoconfigures if it detects I already have the latest drivers installed.  Strange.  Wondering if this is a one-off or some new website paradigm for the drivers...

0 Likes