Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Automaton25
Journeyman III

Audio Issues Radeon 6700XT

Hello Everyone,

I recently built a new computer and have been having sound issues on low resolution video files (below 1080p).  When playing these files, I get a clicking sound in the front left channel and all other channels cut out intermittently.  Audio and video are run through an HDMI cable to my home theater system.

Troubleshooting to date:

Utilized DDU to uninstall and reinstall drivers.

New HDMI cable.

Different graphics card (Nvidia 750ti)...this was the only thing that resolved the issue).

I RMAed the graphics card with Gigabyte, they found nothing wrong with it.

All sound enhancements are off

BIOS setting is enabled for fx cards with over 4GB VRAM (this fixed another issue related to sleep)

BIOS update (caused the aforementioned sleep issue)

Contacted MSI for tech support, they just tell me the board is bad and don't want to troubleshoot anything (they were wrong with the sleep issue)

CMOS reset

System Specs:

MSI Creator Trx40 motherboard

AMD 3960x Thread Ripper

Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan RAM (128gb)

Gigabyte Radeon 6700XT FX card

GeForce Nova 750 Gold PSU

0 Likes
6 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

BIOS up to date?

Running latest chipset drivers from AMD.com ?

Running separate power cables to each power input on your GPU?

Have you tried a different power supply? ..because of the power demands of your setup as a whole ..maybe an 850wt 80+ Gold (at least) would be a better fit ... ?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

The drivers are all up to date without using a beta driver for the video card.  I did update the BIOS which added support for the 6700xt cards, but it did not resolve the issue.  I suppose the power might be an issue, but 750 should be enough,  I am running separate power cables for the video card, it is utilizing two  outputs on the power supply.  If it were a power issue, I would think the issue would be more prevalent when playing 1080p and 4k video over the low resolution stuff, but I could be very wrong.  Thanks for chiming in and helping out!

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Been experiencing the same issue on my RX 6900 XT.

It only occurs in early access games and some older DX9 based games.

Haven't Found a solution yet.

Even tried switching to the Realtek MOBO audio and same thing happens there.

Have also tried a PCIE x 1 Creative Labs Audio Card same problem occurs.

OS Windows 10 Pro 64 verion 21H2

MOBO MSI X370 M7 ACK latest BIOS and latest CPU Chipset Driver

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 2700x at 4.2GHz

GPU Power Color Demon RX 6900 XT 2200Mhz VPU 2170Mhz VRAM

RAM 32GB (8 x 4) Corsair Dominator Platinum PC3200

SSD Samsung SATA 3 870 EVO 4TB

PSU 1200 watt Thermaltake Toughpower Full Modular 80+ Gold.

0 Likes

So your experience indicates that it's not a power issue as you have a larger PSU and smaller processor.

This Jada me to believe that the chip has an issue or the drivers do for the 6000 series radeons.

0 Likes

If its a driver issue then it's affecting multiple different hardware platforms and their drivers.

I tried AMD audio Realtek audio and Creative Labs audio. All had the audio issue.

That tells me the problem either lies in Windows OS 10 11 or both. 

Most likely the applications that are having this issue just haven't optimized their support for the latest AMD hardware and software.

I've seen this happen before when a large surge of rapidly advancing PC hardware hits the market.

Coding and Programming is hard work and it takes a while to work out the software bugs and optimize for all platforms. 

From what I've seen most Coders/Programmers are independent contractors. They make better money this way but the workload is staggering and exhausting for them.

0 Likes

Sorry for the late response, I never saw a notification for a response to this thread.

I am still working on the issue.  I have tried using displayport cables which also had the same issue.  I tried the onboard sound and it worked fine through a 3.5mm jack.  However, if I used the 3.5mm jack on my monitor (fed from the video card) I had the same issue so it is definitely not related to my surround sound system.

I also started running my older shows/movies and such through Topaz Labs Video Enhance AI and upscaled them to 1080p plus.  The upscaled files have no issues, but the old files maintain the issue.  I have contacted AMD again and they want me to send the card to the manufacturer, but I have already been down that road and Gigabyte said it was fine.  

I am running Windows 10, you said this is a known problem on Windows 11 as well?

0 Likes