cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Audio Drivers missing in Adrenalin 18.11.2 install - anyone else seen this?

Clean install post DDU in safe mode of Adrenalin 18.11.2. using downloaded AMD Installer. No PC Audio from display:
I see this:
pastedImage_2.png

Just thought I would mention it...
Might have forgotten to package the HDMI Audio drivers in the installer.
Similar thing used to happen from time to time in earlier versions of Crimson / Crimson ReLive... where parts of the driver install were missing - the "Catalyst Control" features for example.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Latest update - Ther Audio Drivers seem to be back in AMD Adrenalin 2019 version 18.12.2.

I ran DDU in windows 10 64bit to remove previous drivers in safe mode and disconnected from the Internet.
I then rebooted in normal mode, still disconnected from the Internet, and ran the full 18.12.2 installer.
The Audio drivers were there.
I mark this as fixed in 18.12.2 full installer for now.
Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
lixxon
Adept I

i ddu and reinstall these drivers and I didnt have this problem I got new audio driver version 10.0.1.7

Me too 10.0.1.7

What you can do custom uninstall audio driver then reinstall it!! I don't use AMD Audio driver.

0 Likes

Thanks everyone for response.

I downloaded the following from AMD Drivers Website: win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-18.11.2-nov19.exe

I disconnected from the internet.
I booted into safe mode.

I ran DDU, in GPU setting, removing AMD drivers, Ran remove Nvidia Drivers as well (No chance anything would be there anyhow).
Then I ran DDU in 'Audio' setting to remove audio drivers - there were two options, RealTek and Soundblaster. I ran them both.
I then reran DDIU in GPU Setting to remove AMD Video Drivers twice.
I rebooted Windows 10 into 'normal' mode, still disconnected from the internet.
I then installed the following file downloaded from AMD Drivers Website: win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-18.11.2-nov19.exe

Still no Audio Drivers.

The Audio drivers were there previously.
I had done earlier installs of 10.10.1/2 followed by incremental 18.11.1/2 updates.
That's why I think they are missing in the stand alone win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-18.11.2-nov19.exe.
Also if I use Custom Install options, I see no mention of AMD Audio Driver in the installer.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Just for fun, I downloaded all 3 (fury/x/nano) and started install process.

All had the audio driver(and pre-ticked).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Hi thanks for testing it out and I am really glad you did it "Just for fun". Did you run DDU first though to remove any previous AMD Driver?
Not sure how you had all audio driver pre-ticked to be honest, because it isn't in the driver.
I don't even have to look to see who liked your response.

Anyhow, "Just for fun", I recorded me running DDU in safe mode, installing the AMD Driver, and showing that there are no audio drivers in there.
Note in the recording I ran audio uninstall of Realtek and Soundblaster as well, but that step is not needed to show the problem.
I will add the link to this post in a minute, so maybe someone can fix or work on the issue, because it is really annoting to install an AMD driver and end up with no audio.

Thank you.

0 Likes

There was no need for me to use ddu as I was not intending to install the package.

Just extracted/started install(from download folder) to see if the audio component was there, then exited/closed it.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

The Audio Drivers aren't part of the GPU Package but the Chipset Package., which the Installer won't Automatically include / update for you, despite the fact that 18 months ago they began to package them through the Catalyst Next Installer.

Heck it has a weird issue where when you tried to install the Chipset Drivers, it'll keep recommending the latest Graphics Package.

Windows 10 (Release Path) has definitely been having some, let's say "quirks" with the Realtek Audio on AMD Systems... which isn't present on the (Next Release Path) but eh., that doesn't mean there isn't a New Issue that occurred last night; as the Windows 10 Update System pushed out a new AMD Graphics Driver [25.20.14016.1] which shows up as Version 17.12 in the Control Centre., except [25.20.14011.5005] is Version 18.11.2 … this has resulted in corrupting the Control Centre (disabling half of the Functionality, such-as Display, ReLive, Eyefinity, etc.) as well as the Video Acceleration Codec, which is "Fun" as this in turn disables the Hardware Display Scaling on Videos.

I mean it's weird as there isn't a new Beta Driver at the moment., 18.11.2 is still the most current Optional... so I've no idea WTF Driver Microsoft just pushed out was. Like I assume it's their new WHQL Base AMD Graphics Driver, but it's weird that it has a more up-to-date Version Number (in Device Manager) while much older in Adrenalin.

Unless it's supposed to be 18.12.0., which it could be but if that's the case I'd like to have my full Control Centre feature back

Ah well, fun-fun happy times as always.

Guess that windows catalogue driver would be related to,

0 Likes

Here, for example is an earlier version of AMD Crimson ReLive installer, run after DDU in safe mode.
This is Version 16.12.2 - one of my favorite AMD Drivers for R9 FuryX/Nano/Fury GPU's.
If you look at the installer Window in the bottom of the screen you can see HDMI Audio Driver is part of the installation.
pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Here is the Adrenalin Installer version 16.12.2 installer result, showing:

Radeon Settings Version - 2016.1223.1240.22785

Driver Packaging Version - 16.50.2011-161223a-310011C

Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1583

Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01235

OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13464

OpenCL™ Version - 21.19.407.0

AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0165

AMD Mantle API Version - 102400

AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.1

Vulkan™ Driver Version - 1.4.1

Vulkan™ API Version - 1.0.30

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

I tried again to get Audio Driver installed with my RX Vega 64 Liquid GPU.
I tried:
(1). Run DDU in safe mode, reboot into notmal mode and let Windows install the AMD Driver - it installs "Crimson ReLive 17.7" whatever that is. No Audio drivers present.
(2). I ran DDU in safe mode again and downloaded and full install latest Optional Driver 18.12.1.1. No HDMI Audio Driver.
(3). I ran DDU in safe mode again and downloaded and full install latest Recommended Driver: 18.9.3 - No HDMI Audio driver.
(4). I then ran an incremental update to 18.12.1.1 - No HDMI Audio Driver,
(5). I tried installing 16.12.2 - The installation only installed the driver. - No AMD Settings available.
(6). I rebooted and ran a clean install of 18.12.1.1. This time I have HDMI Audio Driver version 10.0.1.7 installed! I can actually hear audio from my monitor.
However Mantle Version and API is reported as No Information. Also I now get Black Screen of Death and Audio Buzz in Battlefield 1.
I run latest updated and recent clean install of Windows 10 64 bit. This installer behaviour is ridiculous and the drivers are unstable.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Latest update - Ther Audio Drivers seem to be back in AMD Adrenalin 2019 version 18.12.2.

I ran DDU in windows 10 64bit to remove previous drivers in safe mode and disconnected from the Internet.
I then rebooted in normal mode, still disconnected from the Internet, and ran the full 18.12.2 installer.
The Audio drivers were there.
I mark this as fixed in 18.12.2 full installer for now.
Thanks.

0 Likes