cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

joewootty
Journeyman III

atikmdag.sys causing blue screen on League of Legends

I haven't been able to play League of Legends in a while, I've only now just managed to.

What happens is, when I have the game set to fullscreen mode, I will eventually freeze, crash and get a bluescreen that says atikmdag.sys has failed. 

Stop code is: VIDEO_TDR_FAILED

I looked up what might be the problem and most of what I saw was driver issues, so i updated and installed ones I needed, but still, I crash and get the same error.

However, I changed my game settings to be running in borderless mode, and so far haven't experienced a crash. It just seems very odd that in one mode I crash every game, and another I don't.

0 Likes
6 Replies
grujidis
Journeyman III

Hi, were you able to fix this problem somehow?

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Do you have a fast disk like SSD or M2?

0 Likes

Man what the hell has SSD to the TDR Video failure bsod? Are you an AMD fanboy? 

0 Likes

Delays are causing the TDR error. This may be a driver lag. But there may also be a disk or internet lag. If the game is running on SSD and your internet connection is not frozen, try a TDR regedit patch.

0 Likes

GPU is not fed data directly from SSD, it's fed from RAM. And RAM is always preloaded for GPU, GPU doesn't access resources on the fly, it's always preloaded when needed. 

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form
You can report the driver error to the AMD support team using this link, if you use the latest display driver.
This is a sharing platform where users write their experiences. Just sharing the game name and system service file name without sharing your CPU + GPU + PSU + RAM + MOBO information will not provide the cause of the problem. However, you shared the names of the games played online and you get a lag error. In short, the cause of such errors may not be a bug in the display driver. Because such errors are hardware related.

0 Likes