Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gh0st47
Adept II
Adept II

ATI EEU Client Event Error in Event Viewer since 16.5.2 BETA Driver

Lately since the day I've updated to 16.5.2 BETA Driver ( Doom Ready Driver ) I been getting this error in my Event Viewer.
It only happens during every time I boot up. After that even long hours of gaming session it will not happen.
So far it didn't affect anything. No crashing etc. But it's only been two weeks ++ now, sometimes all this things can go smoothly for long as Months before things go down south.

Even now I've updated to the latest 16.5.2.1 BETA Driver, I'm still getting this error. I never encounter this during the previous Drivers ( any other Drivers before 16.5.2 BETA )

Now I've narrowed it down the problem is caused by AMD External Event Utility. I've tried changing the AMD External Event Utility Service to Manual and during boot up I no longer get this error anymore.
But one problem, If I changed it to Manual. My FRTC no longer work ! Even I tried enabling back the Service manually my FRTC still won't work. So disabling this Service is out of the question because I do use FRTC.

So I'm curios, is everyone else getting this error as well in their Event Viewer ? It's bit worrying.

All it state in the Event Viewer is

Log Name : Application

Source : ATIeRecord
EventID : 16388
Task Category : EEU
Keywords : Classic
Level : Error

Here's what I'm running on

Windows 7 64-BIT

Asus P8Z77-M Mobo

i5 3550

290X 8GB
16GB Corsair Vengeance
128GB SSD ( OS + Drivers Only )

35 Replies
maverick7aut
Adept I
Adept I

Re: ATI EEU Client Event Error in Event Viewer since 16.5.2 BETA Driver

Hey there!

I have exactly the same problem. After an update (upgrade, not clean install!) to Crimson 16.5.2.1 my boot time increased from 22 seconds to 28 seconds. Before I can enter my password, there stands "Bitte warten" (german os). I never had this message in the past. After a look in the event viewer i have noticed the error with eventID 16388. Only a few seconds later i knew what was/is causing the increased boot time: The AMD external events utility service. I disabled it and surprisingly my boot time was like before the driver update. But with disabled EEU "Steam" takes much more time to start and to open, which is annoying.

Is there any relation between Steam and EEU? I thought that this is only for hotkey and profile usage....

Now i have Crimson 16.5.3 and the error still exists. Is there any solution that will make AMD EEU working correctly?

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

MSI R9 280

Sorry if there are any mistakes, i am from austria.

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

No issues here...with similar configuration.

The first thing I would do is, go to Windows Update and make sure you have all the normal (critical) updates installed as well as the relevant 'Optional' and 'Recommended' updates....these will include the necessary .netframeworks and C++Visual upgrades. This must be done before attempting to install any AMD driver.

Then I would do a clean install of the new graphics drivers.

Win7 64

Intel I7 960

R9 290

0 Kudos
maverick7aut
Adept I
Adept I

Thanks for the advice. I uninstalled 16.5.3 and went back to 16.4.2 (clean install with DDU) which runs great and without any errors. In the future i won't install beta drivers any more, only WHQL. But is it always necessary to clean install a new driver update? I think most of the people don't do that, because it's inconvenient.

0 Kudos
gh0st47
Adept II
Adept II

I forgot to mention I always do clean install and even use DDU.

My Windows is quite up to date. As before I been having Applcation has stopped working error Radeon Settings.

So I went ahead and updates my Windows to latest it didn't help at all. That was back in April, this new Driver 16.5.2 EEU error started since May 12 so it was quite recent after my Windows Update.

Matter of fact I'm not even sure if the Applcation has stopped working Radeon Settings error has been resolved or not but I haven't encounter it so far recently. May not have anything to do with Windows Update, since it didn't help with my previous errors.

I wanted to try 16.5..3 but seems like it doesn't work for Marverick. What Driver you're currently on Kingfish ?

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

I am using the latest 16.5.3 but have used all the previous versions with no issues at all.

0 Kudos
gh0st47
Adept II
Adept II

Just wanna confirm not to sound like I don't trust you sorry if I did.

You didn't get any errors in Event Viewer right ? But not that experiencing any issues or pop up errors. Because I'm too so far having problem free, except the long listed of Errors recorded in Event Viewer makes me feel uneasy.But overall I'm not getting any pop up errors or crashing etc.

maverick7aut
Adept I
Adept I

Do you always do a clean install or just a normal upgrade? Did you look in the event viewer for some ATI EEU errors? As I said the only negative effect caused by the update was the increased boot time with the phrase "Please wait...." after the windows logo. There was absolutely no impact on gaming, surfing etc... Also no entries in the reliability report.

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

No errors in event viewer at all. Maybe delete all the errors and start with a clean slate. Did you use the clean install method to install the graphics drivers?

0 Kudos
gh0st47
Adept II
Adept II

To reply both yes I do clean install every time also the error I get is every time I boot up or even reboot and only during then. Never happens after a boot. But it didn't affect my boot time at all. Or STEAM as well..

0 Kudos