cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

immedzhidov
Journeyman III

Asus RX 6600xt dual (black screen)

Hello everybody! Please help me with solving the black screen problem.

PC Configuration:

1. Motherboard - Gigabyte z490 ud (has 2 GPU slots: a - PCI E 4.0 x16 and b - PCI E 3.0 x4).
  2. CPU - Intel Core i5 11600kf.
  3. RAM - HyperX fury 2x8 Gb.
  4. Power - be quiet System Power 900, 600 W.
  5. CPU Fan - ENERMAX ETS-T50A.
  6. GPU - Asus RX 6600 xt. Supports 1xHDMI v.2.1 and 3xDP v.1.4a.
  7. Display - Gigabyte g32qc. Supports 2xHDMI v.2.0 and 1xDP v.1.2.

What have I done to solve the problem:

1. Reinstalled Windows 11.
  2. I used different versions of the GPU driver.
  3. Also different versions of the motherboard bios.
  4. I used different 6+2 pin cables (12V1 - 28A and 12V2 - 22A). Be quiet has cables with different amperage.
  5. Disabled Smart Access Memory (BAR).
  6. Disabled CPU C-States.
  7. Enabled CSM.

Problem:

At first, everything was fine with the i5 10400f processor (this processor does not support pci e 4.0). I bought an i5 11600kf processor with pci e 4.0 support and problems with the black screen started. If I use Display port v.1.2, the screen freezes or the black screen on the Windows screensaver. But if I use HDMI v.2.0, then the PC can work for a while without a black screen or freezing, but in the end it will still freeze or a black screen. Could it be a case of the display cable version? The video card supports modern versions of cables (HDMI v. 2.1 and DP v. 1.4), but I use HDMI v. 2.0 and DP v. 1.2. The monitor supports only these versions (2.0 and 1.2).

The motherboard supports two PCI slots for GPU. The first slot supports PCI E 4.0 x16, and the second slot supports PCI E 3.0 x4. If I move the video card to the PCI E 3.0 x4 slot, it works stably with the Display Port and HDMI (without a black screen), but this slot is very stripped down, I lose a lot in GPU performance (about 20 FPS in games).

Please help me with solving this problem. I will be very grateful to everyone!!!

0 Likes
0 Replies