cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ibinado
Adept I

Asus Radeon RX550, Windows 10 Pro 1909, security and maintenance: System startup message: AUEPMaster.exe no longer functional. What to do?

Ich benutze eine Asus Radeon RX550. Die Radeon Software ist aktuell. Seit Wochen erhalte ich in der Systemsteuerung (Windows 10 Pro 1909) unter Sicherheit und Wartung die Meldung zum Systemstart: AUEPMaster.exe nicht mehr funktionsfähig. Ich bitte um Hilfe zur Beseitigung dieses Problems.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Rainer Grund

English:

I am using an Asus Radeon RX550. The Radeon software is up to date. For weeks now, I have received the system startup message in the Control Panel (Windows 10 Pro 1909) under Security and Maintenance: AUEPMaster.exe no longer functional. I ask for help to resolve this issue.

Sincerely

Rainer Grund

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you, by any chance, keep getting that error afterwards then follow this basic method to uninstall the AMD Driver which may be corrupted:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

When installing the AMD Driver make sure to uncheck AMD USER EXPERIENCE (Custom install) so that it won't be enabled when it is installed if that option is available during installation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

Disable or remove AMD User Experience Program from Radeon Settings. It is not needed to run your GPU card.

Here how to uninstall AMD User Experience Program:

Transparency and Choice

Participation in AMD’s User Experience Program is voluntary, and you can choose to participate and help us improve our products via an explicit consent opt-in box found during installs of Radeon Settings. You can change your mind at any time and withdraw from the program through Radeon Settings which stops all logging and sharing of information to AMD. By withdrawing your consent from the User Experience Program, the software related to this functionality will be uninstalled. Drivers and user-related features will not be altered.

You can opt-out (stop participating) in the User Experience Program via the Radeon Settings user interface by going to Radeon Settings (located within the system icons tray), navigating to the preferences tab and selecting “Leave AMD Experience Program.”

Thank elstaci,

I followed the instructions and disabled the program.
When I restart my PC tomorrow, the error message will hopefully be gone.

With kind regards

ibinado

If you, by any chance, keep getting that error afterwards then follow this basic method to uninstall the AMD Driver which may be corrupted:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

When installing the AMD Driver make sure to uncheck AMD USER EXPERIENCE (Custom install) so that it won't be enabled when it is installed if that option is available during installation.

0 Likes

@elstaci:

Please send me the URLs where I can download the DDU and the driver package.

With kind regards

ibinado

0 Likes

@elstaci:

So far, thank you today.
I will wait and see what tomorrow happens.

Got it. All works well.

Thank you elstaci

0 Likes

DDU is very good at getting rid of any left over AMD traces plus deleting C:\AMD also helps.

Glad you got your minor problem resolved.

Happy computing and take care.

0 Likes