Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kingyii97
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Asus K550IU problem

Hello everyone,

I had bought a laptop recently Asus K550IU. This laptop had one major problem with the graphic card. The Radeon Software that came with this computer is 16.6.6. I tried several times to update it to 17.11.1 , 17.11.2 and0 17.12.1 version. However, the laptop shows code 43 in the device manager. When I tried to click the Radeon Settings, it popped up with 'No AMD graphic card install.' I had searched through all the forum and contacted AMD and Asus for this issue. Below are the few things that i tried :

1. Reset my pc : failed

2. Clean uninstall with DDU : failed

3. Disable intergrated R7 graphic card in BIOS : No chipset option in the BIOS

I disable all my graphic driver before I install any of the graphic driver but it seems like only 17.4.3 works on this laptop. Furthermore, AMD claimed that Radeon Additional Settings officially retired in the 17.7.2 version and the switchable graphic card option can be found in Radeon Settings. I had exchange another same laptop from the seller and the problem still exists. Is Asus or AMD should be responsible for this?

Below are my laptop specifications

1. Processor : AMD Quad Core FX9830P up to 3.70GHz

2. RAM : 8GB

3. OS : Windows 10 64bit

4. Graphic card : Intergrated R7 graphic card and RX460 (Polaris 11) 4GB

5. Current Radeon Software version : 17.4.3

This is the first time I am using AMD processor and graphic card. I am really frustrated to playing Dota 2 with medium settings only. Please anyone help me to fix this laptop.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
kingyii97
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Asus K550IU problem

Furthermore, I had contacted the manufacturer Asus and they just reply me very slowly. The laptop motherboard is unknown as I cant find it anywhere.

0 Kudos
amdangster
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

It is the ASUS X550iU on their website, and I have the same problem with this software installation

I am literally blowing a gasket how to install updates on this laptop

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Is this the driver you are trying to install? Correct driver: Download Drivers

Laptop graphics update...How to

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Kudos
amdangster
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

It almost installed using the 18.7.1 but when I restarted, the R7 hadn't appeared, and the RX460 didn't have the yellow triangle until I restarted, do I have to install the chipset also?

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

No...normally you use the chipset offered by the laptop manufacturer.

Did you take the steps necessary to prevent Microsoft from automatically installing graphic drivers? Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Did you disconnect from the internet while you were uninstalling and installing the drivers? You do not reconnect until you have installed and rebooted your laptop....DDU has new instructions..make sure you have the latest version

0 Kudos
amdangster
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Wow, this is really complicated just to install drivers these days, now you have to disconnect from internet let alone stop virus scanners

DDU is a safe mode application, I can't connect to the internet as the drivers haven't been installed in safe mode

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Man you don't need to be connected to the internet to install drivers...why? You have already downloaded the correct driver from AMD and the DDU program. If you read the instructions.

0 Kudos
amdangster
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have read the instructions, just that it's still doesn't work

0 Kudos
amdangster
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

And also, DXDIAG states that it is the X550IU, it's ASUS and what can only be described as a misprint on their boxes and laptops

0 Kudos