cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Asus Dual RX 6700 XT losing monitor signal (HDMI)

Hello guys,
when I play games it usually takes around 5-30 minutes until my monitor loses connection and shows no signal.
My GPU on the other hand is still running and I can even hear sounds, there's just no signal coming to my monitor.
When I stream on discord, people can still see my stream although everything is black for me. 
I tried almost every driver, I DDU'ed the drivers about a million times, I even bought a new HDMI cable, I reinstalled windows, I enabled secure boot, there's countless stuff I have tried to get rid of this issue.
I hope someone knows a fix to this, I have seen so many people reporting that problem but it seems like there's no fix.

Here's my set up:

GPU: ASUS DUAL-RX6700XT-O12G

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core

SSD: Samsung SSD 980 1TB

MB: B550 A Pro

PSU: Coolermaster MWE 700

RAM: 2 x 8GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3000 DIMM CL16 Single

0 Likes
5 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

for starters .. I believe that is a "White" rated power supply .. which are not recommended at all

You can get by with a quality 650wtt 80+ Gold with a 6700xt, but I would recommend at least a 750wtt with an 80+ Gold or better rated PSU. (check out PSU review sites before purchasing)

You at least want to run separate power cables to each power input on your 6700XT

I'm guessing your power supply is your problem here and recommend replacing with a quality unit.

a good watch on transient spikes and power supplies (of which you might be encountering here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRyyCsuHFQ

I had issues, or so I thought, with my wife's RX 550 2GB GPU. She was running a 500wtt 80 Plus (White rated) power supply. I upgraded her to a 60wtt 80+ Gold rated PSU and all issues went away.

Never skimp on  your power supply, it's one of, if not thee .. most important components of any PC build.

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I've had this set up for like three weeks now and the problems occurred just recently.
And also many others are facing the same problem.
So I'm not sure if that is a PSU problem.

0 Likes

well .. there's one way to find out .. 

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I did a whole benchmark test and even during the stress test my GPU was stable.

Does anyone know what could cause this problem?

Are you using a UPS or power from the wall outlet? I have seen inconsistent power from the wall cause monitors to power off then back on. A UPS ensures you are getting all the power you need consistently. Other than that I would say try the monitor on another setup as this does not seem like a problem with the GPU in my experience.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes