cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lowerus
Adept I

ASUS A15 FX506IU stuttering (Ryzen 7 4800H)

Hi, i have a gaming laptop ASUS TUF A15 FX506IU (Ryzen 7 4800H, 1660Ti, 16gb RAM 3200 Hz, 512gb NVMe SSD)

In a random time moment (about every 4-6 hours) my system is a stuttering on 1-2 seconds. It may be in windows, in games (whatever). Is a huge fps drop (from 144 to 4-5 fps) and audio stutter.

This bug does not depend on the load on the PC, as well as on running applications. It also does not depend on the power plan.

IN .rar ARCHIVE: I am attaching a video of how it looks. Attached is a report from MSI AfterBurner that captures the moment of stuttering. Also a report on system configuration from CPU-Z in .html format.

I tried to install different versions of Windows, different versions of drivers. Now there are drivers from the website of the laptop manufacturer (Asus, model TUF GAMING A15 FX506IU).
Something tells me that this is a problem in the chipset / integrated graphics driver, since the processor is still quite new.
I'd love to see an official response from AMD.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

0 Likes
19 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

In old computer systems, most of all controls were made by chipsets on the motherboards. Most of the controls are now provided by the CPU. So it's difficult to say the problem is with the motherboard.

If I were you, I would try a clean Windows installation (1909 or 2004) with an USB stick on the Windows installation of Asus. I would not install AMD's drivers (for the chipset and for the display) and would test the system using only the nVidia display driver. In short, I would find the cause of the problem and use my system accordingly.

This website is for user forum. If you want support from AMD, go to this... https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes
lowerus
Adept I

The problem is that I simply do not have time to reinstall Windows again and again, I work on this computer and use many different software for work. As I wrote in the question - I tried to install different versions of Windows 10, from 1709 to 2004. I faced this problem at all, 1709 refused to work normally at all, gave an error that this version of Windows simply does not support these drivers and they cannot be installed.
I am terribly enraged by the quality of AMD support, the page you indicated does not work at all, when sending a report, the browser gives an error about the disconnection from the server.

0 Likes

While watching the video you shared, I got the impression that your system is changing the GPU. Or some of the processor cores stop responding instantaneously. Or it could be something like this. If the motherboard was faulty, it would crash immediately. Good-luck...

joshuamanasye
Journeyman III

i have the exact same laptop with the exact same problem, i have found some people on the internet too. haven't got the fix yet

0 Likes
vhdewald
Journeyman III

I am also experiencing exactly this problem the laptop is not even 3 months old and it is consistently doing this.
Is there anyone out there with a possible solution?

0 Likes

I have a similar laptop and i also have these issues. Micro-stuttering when watching Video. Newest Firefox, newest Edge, changing resolution and other settings, makes no difference. Happens with Youtube and Netflix and any other video source. Tried several solutions before, disabling hardware acceleration and all this, nothing helped. Drivers up to date.

I can see tiny bumps/spikes in Radeon graphic ram usage (10-20 MB extra maybe) and gpu usage (goes from 19% to 21-23%) in task manager, excactly when the stuttering happens. They occur absolutely predictable, like a ticking clock. There are times when i don't have these issues for like a week, and then it happens again for a day or longer. Couldn't make sense of this.

HP-Pavilion

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics 2.90 GHz -driver: 27.20.11044.2005

16,0 GB RAM

Win 10 -build: 19042.746

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design -driver: 27.21.14.6140

WDC WDS100T2B0C 932 GB SSD

0 Likes

I don't know what happend, but it seems to be gone for a while now. Maybe it was because of a BIOS update, maybe nvidia, I don't know.

0 Likes
mobaran
Journeyman III

Did you find any solution for this. I am having exact same problem with same laptop.

0 Likes

I do have the same problem as yours on ASUS A15 FX506IV, is the problem solved for someone ?

0 Likes

I have the same problem od Asus TUF A15 FA506IU. Any ideas for solution or response from AMD? 

0 Likes

power management - setting CPU Processor State set to 95%

it's a temprature issue. i also have the same laptop and this solves my multiple Blackscreens and BSODs problem.

it suck we can't use 100% CPU power of what we bought.

NB: i already tried to change the Thermal paste of both CPU and GPU with grizzly cryounaut, using a cooling pad, use a 16 degree celcius AC, still overheat... so yea, underclock to 95% helped me...

0 Likes

Hey ive found a solution that seems to work for me. Dont ask me how it works but it does lol

https://www.henrypp.org/product/memreduct

Download that then open it, right click your windows button on bottom left and select task manager (You dont need to do anything on task manager, just has to be open) and then go back to mem reduct and clear memory. again i dont know why but it seems to work

0 Likes

does the stuttering gone? 

0 Likes

Yup, my problem was that when i played games like modded minecraft or other intensive games it would lag but this seems to fix it

0 Likes

This stuttering is caused by TPM 2.0. It's caused by AMD or Microsoft.

Only in Windows 10 and 11 with amd processors, if TPM 2.0 is enabled in bios, random stuttering occurs. Physical TPM modules are okey but fTPM from AMD cause this. Disabling TPM from bios settings solves it.

Unfortunately your laptop's bios has not that option. (It's hidden.) ASUS (and other manufacturers) should release updated bios versions for all AMD laptops if they don't have this option in their menu ASAP.

0 Likes

hi, does it really removed the stutter issue? where can I find the TPM? can u teach me how to do disable this? thanks in advance.

0 Likes
sapikurus
Journeyman III

i also have ASUS TUF a15 but with 1650Ti

also have the same problem...
I think it's the thermal issue because everytime i set CPU Processor state to 100% (in power plant settings), it become unstable stuttering and ended with either blackscreens or BSODs

so here is my solution.
set the maximum CPU Processor State to 95% or less (underclock)
yeah it sucks we can't even use the 100% of what we bought.

but at least no more BSODs and blackscreens

0 Likes
rtaw
Journeyman III

i have same issues about this and same device, i dont know why and what should i do to fix this, i have reinstall the newest up to date BIOS (3.15). at the end it is nothing...

0 Likes

Hi guys, i found the problem. It's the 3.5mm jack port.

I used a HyperX headset and one day i removed it. After i did a clear CMOS and a re-update to 316 BIOS and it is working like new.

Hope this works for you too!

0 Likes