Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vajs91
Adept I

AS Rock b550 Velocita PG issues

Hello, 

I have internet issues with my pc. For Example when i start downloading something i loose connection after few minutes or after 10 minutes or after 15, every time its different. When it happens i go and troubleshoot it and it resolves the issue. It says that problem was 'the default gateway is not available'  When i am using pc normally or playing online games connection is stable. I purchased b550 velocita and updated bios to 1.20 so i can use ryzen 5 5600x on it. I have tried various things to resolve issue, even disabled everything in network category of device manager, everything except realtek gaming 2.5GbE familly controller. I tried removing windows updates and then reinstalling them again, did same with drivers, downloaded latest ones from asrock support page. I dont have a clue what else to do and how to fix this.

0 Likes
6 Replies

AMD drivers doesn't have anything to do with your internet connection issues.

You need to look at your Router which might be going bad. In the past when I had intermittent internet connections it turned out to my Internet Router was going bad. Once I replace the Router all was good again.

Could also be a defective Ethernet Cable going bad.

When you loose Internet connection go to the rear of the computer where the ethernet cable is connected and see if the head is lit up either from the cable or computer itself.

When you loose Internet connection enter your Router setup menu and see if it is transmitting data or not. You can do it through your browser.

Try doing a hard Reset of your Router and see if your internet comes back.

See if any other computer connected to your router has the same problem. If it does then the problem is with your Router.

NOTE: How is your computer connected to the Router via WiFi or Ethernet cable?

0 Likes

I am always connected via cable and my second PC is working perfectly, plugged into same router with same cable. Router is not an issue i already had it tested with my teleoperator. I don't see any issue now and i have been connected for hours now. Its basically only when i start downloading something that is bigger than 1 gb lets say (cant say for sure but it never disconnected on files that were 50-300 MB). I noticed it first when i started downloading game it was over 80GB game and internet stopped working, and it kept happening all the time, it was like 5 minutes or half hour or maybe even bigger interval. It works if i troubleshoot it or just disable and enable ethernet adapter on control panel. Its very weird thing, and this is my first amd pc, i never had any issues before. Does it have to do something with bios update maybe? because i updated it only to 1.20 version because that was necessary for my ryzen 5600x. One more thing to add is that when i was installing windows 10 x64 version, i unplugged ethernet cable so i don't have to use microsoft account. but when i picked i dont have internet and clicked next my pc rebooted and it took me back at same part so i had to click it again that i dont have internet, it was weird thing to happen and i wonder if it may have affected installation i some way. But when i finished installation i just plugged cable back and internet was there instantly. It is just weird that something like that is happening because internet connection in my house was perfect for years i was lucky with it, disconnected from online game maybe few time in last 3-4 years.

sorry for bad english

0 Likes

It sounds more like a ASRock Motherboard issue than anything else or a Windows issue.

AMD drivers doesn't have anything to do with Networking drivers or Internet connection.

I don't believe this is the Forum you need to be asking concerning your Internet connection. I would ask ASRock Support or ASRock Forum to see if anyone else is having a simiar problem.

Also at Windows 10 Forum: https://www.tenforums.com/  or this Windows Tech site that specializes in Windows issues: https://www.sysnative.com/forums/threads/about-sysnative.1305/

Found this website that gives many tips on how to resolve intermittent Internet Connections on your PC: https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/cannot-connect-to-internet-in-windows/

"What Causes Intermittent Internet Connections

An intermittent internet connection is often a result of several issues:

• Physical or electronic interference from devices such as cordless phones or other electronics large metal objects and electrical equipment like TVs, microwaves or home entertainment electronics.
  • Wireless networks running in your area at the same frequency.
  • Physical obstructions such as floors, appliances, walls, furniture and more can cause interference, especially where wireless signals pass through them.
  • Corrupt Windows system files
  • Problems caused by Windows updates
  • Faulty network card in your computer or outdated drivers
  • An overheating modem
  • Issues with your Internet service provider
  • Virus or malware infection
  • Software conflicts"

If the other computer you are using is working normally with the internet connection then obviously it is your PC that has the issue. 

As mentioned above it could be several reasons including a defective Motherboard Network Chip (RMA Motherboard) or Driver.

0 Likes

Thank you for all information, i will see what i can do about it

I had the same issue although not after a bios update. The Asrock 2.5gb utility seemed to be cutting my internet connection. I Uninstalled the 2.5gb utility and fixed my problem.

Good luck.

0 Likes

I had the same issue although not after a bios update. The Asrock 2.5gb utility seemed to be cutting my internet connection. I Uninstalled the 2.5gb utility and fixed my problem.

Good luck.

0 Likes