Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

foxtrotte
Journeyman III

Are you planning on fixing the issues with Element 3D

Hello !

Since the 16.X Drivers, Element 3D (v2.2) doesn't work. Everybody using 16.X drivers have the same issue: when we try to launch the plugin, it says: "Element failed to initialize OpenGL", and it says i have 0GB of video RAM. I have a R9 280

I saw on this forum: AMD Radeon Software Crimson 16.3.1 driver - Guru3D.com Forums that even with the latest beta drivers, Element doesn't work.

Are you currently working on this issue ?

Do you have any solutions ?

Thank you for your answers !

0 Kudos
6 Replies
amdpete
Staff
Staff

Re: Are you planning on fixing the issues with Element 3D

Yes AMD know about the issue and it is being looked at by AMD engineers currently.  Use the 15.12 OpenGL driver for now.

mrbig81
Adept I

Hi

I just spend $300 on a card, and i am plagued with issues. Element 3d and After effects constantly crashes. Well, element 3d as above does not work. Please don't tell me i need to sell this card and buy an Nvidia.

Please let us know when the issue will be fixed.

Thanks

mrbig81
Adept I

same. ANnoying

ayman1717
Journeyman III

sadly this problem take a lot of time , am afraid AMD engineers could not fix it , guy please you can use some help from nvidia technical if you cant fix it 

this thing is really annoying i will sell my card in few $ and buy new nvidia one 1070

0 Kudos
thatotherdude81
Adept I

Just wondering, has this ever been fixed in subsequent driver releases since?

(Actually bumped this thread earlier with a problem description of my own i think but for some reason all of my posts seem to have vanished in the meantime - Or maybe it was another acc i dunno)

0 Kudos
foxtrotte
Journeyman III

All I know is that it works for me now. Fixes have been published on Videocopilot's website, and I know there are youtube videos out there explaining you how to fix it. But as far as the drivers are concerned, I don't know if any updates fixed it.

0 Kudos